Certified Medical Assistant - Altamonte Pain Medicine - Altamonte
AdventHealth Altamonte seeks to hire Certified Medical Assistant who will embrace our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
Located north of Orlando in the community of Altamonte Springs, our facility is consistently named Best Hospital; for overall quality, reputation, doctors and nurses by local residents. As the largest satellite campus within the AdventHealth system, AdventHealth Altamonte has been providing state-of-the-art healthcare to the community since 1973. The 398-bed hospital cares for more than 168,000 patients a year. We are proud to be revolutionizing health care with visionary leadership and world-class resources.
AdventHealth Altamonte Spine Health Institute offers a comprehensive approach to care, our team of medical professionals-including our surgeon, nutritionist, pain psychologist, physical therapists, physiatrist and pain management specialists-will pursue every option to meet patient health needs. Our main goal is to minimize pain and recovery time while maximizing patient functionality. To accomplish this, we utilize the latest technology and surgical techniques to deliver cutting-edge treatments. The shared philosophy of the entire care team is to treat patients with the least invasive methods possible. Visit TheSpineHealthInstitute.com to find out more.
Monday - Friday; 8am - 5pm
The Medical Assistant functions under the supervision of the Clinic Manager/ ARNP providing clinical and clerical services, including rooming patients, assisting with exams and procedures, and performing waived lab tests. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Demonstrates through behavior AdventHealth's Core Values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork as outlined in the organization's Performance Excellence Program
- Fills various clinical positions and duties as assigned within scope of certification/registration.
- Monitors physician/ARNP schedule organizes patient care by having the patient prepared and ready on time for the physician/ARNP visit.
- Rooms patients including vital signs, reason for visit, patient history, allergies, and completes appropriate documentation, following nursing protocols.
- Assists the physician with examination and procedures that he/she performs. Maintains open communication to assure quality care.
- Regularly audits ordered tests to ensure that results are received and followed up in a timely manner to insure quality health care.
- Monitors appropriate level of nursing supplies and proper functioning and maintenance of instruments and equipment, and reports needs to Clinic Manager/ARNP, or Director as applicable.
- Works well within the organizational framework to achieve hospital/departmental goals and objectives.
If you want to be a part of a team that is dedicated to delivering the highest quality in patient care, we invite you to explore the Certified Medical Assistant opportunity with AdventHealth Altamonte and apply online today.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, & Experience Required:
- Vital signs
- Body substance isolation
- Specimen collection
- 1 year Medical Assistant Experience
- Phone skills and etiquette (preferred)
- Organizational skills (preferred)
- Bilingual - English Spanish (preferred)
- Physician office experience (preferred)
- Graduate from a medical assistant program (preferred)
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Required:
- Basic Life Support Certification
- Medical Assistant certification/registration from one of the following:
- American Registry of Medical Assistants
- National Center for Competency Testing
- American Medical Technologists
- American Association of Medical Assistants
- National Health Career Association
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.