Clinical - Staff Pharmacist - PRN - AdventHealth East Orlando
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth East Orlando
- AdventHealth East Orlando, a 265-bed community hospital, has been serving East Orlando residents since 1941 as an innovative local leader that fills a vital need in a fast-growing area
- A recent 200,000 square-foot expansion project upgraded the hospital to 265 beds, with a spacious patient tower and 80 new private rooms designed to enhance the holistic care experience
- Annual number of emergency cases: 89,018
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Pharmacy Operations - Actively performs all pharmacist functions, actively participates in established standard work parameters, and maintains functional proficiency in and actively provides coverage of central pharmacy and satellite areas as requested. Maintains operational expertise in, actively provides coverage of, and proactively leads the services provided by central pharmacy, IV room pharmacy, and satellite pharmacy areas.
- Pharmacy Practice - Completes critical medication order scrutiny, drug profile review, and patient monitoring to identify, prevent, or mitigate medication-related problems. Proficiently verifies/enters medication orders and proactively communicates with medical staff to resolve problem medication orders.
- Clinical Pharmacy Services - Actively participates in direct patient care programs and provides accurate, safe, timely, and appropriate medication therapy based on patient needs.
- Teamwork and Inter-Professional Collaboration -Presents to assigned areas on time and ready to work and does not exhibit excessive unscheduled absenteeism. Participates in departmental meetings and educational activities as assigned.
- Teaching, Training, Precepting, and Mentoring - Mentors new staff and assists with training of all staff as requested. Supports experiential training of pharmacy trainees and mentors pharmacy students (IPPE and APPE) as requested.
Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy, Doctor of Pharmacy, or other advanced pharmacy degree
- Current, valid State of Florida Pharmacist license
- Contemporary hospital pharmacy experience (1 years) (Preferred)
- Practice experience in a large hospital (greater than 500 bed institution) and integrated healthcare system (three or more hospitals in system) (Preferred)
- Post Graduate Year One (PGY1) Pharmacy Residency (Preferred)
- Registration as a pharmacist preceptor with the Florida Board of Pharmacy and the various schools of pharmacy located within the State of Florida (Preferred)
Primary responsibility is the provision of central pharmacy and satellite pharmacy operational staffing, integrated clinical and distributive pharmacy services, decentralized pharmacy practice, and direct patient care programs. Performs all duties necessary for the effective daily operation of the central pharmacy, satellite pharmacy areas, and decentralized pharmacy areas. Actively participates in direct patient care programs, drug management services, medication uses systems, and student experiential training throughout the institution. Actively functions as a member of pharmacy practice programs and clinical pharmacy services to proficiently complete critical medication order scrutiny, drug profile review, and monitoring of patients with a broad range of disease states to identify, prevent, or mitigate medication-related problems. Actively participates in medication safety systems, regulatory compliance initiatives, patient quality services, and disease outcomes programs. Delivers medication therapy management consult services as needed and proactively intervenes in all areas of medication use as appropriate to optimize patient outcomes.