Senior Network Specialist
- Posted: over a month ago
A leader in supporting clients in technically demanding industries, Advent's capabilities and services promote innovation & empower our partners to manage risk, protect information and achieve organizational objectives. We are proud of our ability to support mission critical systems in every phase of their lifecycle to ensure our nation’s forces can accomplish their mission.
Advent Services is now searching for an experienced Senior Network Specialist to support a future government customer at Fort Meade, Maryland. This position requires experience in integration complex information technology systems in a program with global reach supporting the warfighter.
Applicants must have good written and oral communication, interpersonal, problem-solving, analytical, and organizational skills. Ability to follow directions is a must. Applicants must be able to work well alone and as part of a team.
- Provides technical guidance for directing and monitoring information systems operations. Designs, builds, and implements network systems.
- Directs compilation of records and reports concerning network operations and maintenance. Troubleshoots network performance issues. Analyzes network traffic and provides capacity planning solutions.
- Monitors and responds to complex technical control facility hardware and software problems. Interfaces with vendor support service groups to ensure proper escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance.
- Manages the purchase, testing, installation, and support of network communications, including LAN/MAN/WAN systems.
- Performs system-level design and configuration of products including determination of hardware, OS, and other platform specifications.
- Plans large-scale systems projects through vendor comparison and cost studies.
- Performs a variety of systems engineering tasks and activities that are broad in nature and are concerned with major systems design, integration, and implementation, including personnel, hardware, software, budgetary, and support facilities and/or equipment.
- Provides quality assurance review and the evaluation of new and existing software products.
- Provides assistance and oversight for all information systems operations activities, including computer and telecommunications/communications operations, data entry, data control, LAN/MAN/WAN administration and operations support, operating systems programming, system security policy procedures, and/or web strategy and operations.
- Provides input to policy level discussions regarding standards and budget constraints.
- Supervises all personnel engaged in the operation and support of network facilities, including all communications equipment on various platforms in large scale or multi-shift operations.
- Supervises complex operations that involve two or more additional functions such as, but not limited to, network operations, systems security, systems software support, and production support activities.
- Monitors and responds to hardware, software, and network problems.
- Extensive knowledge of network connectivity, technologies, protocols, and security.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills.
- Great organizational and time management skills.
- 7+ years experience in relevant field required
- Security+ DoD 8570 certification, or higher.
- Secret Security Clearance
- Must possess a proven ability to work independently, collaboratively and communicate effectively in a fast-paced environment as well as excellent customer support skills and strong attention to detail.
Advent is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are not based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Advent’s benefits program includes comprehensive medical, dental and vision care, matching 401K, vacation time, sick time, life insurance, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
AddressFort Meade, MD
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?