AdventHealth seeks to hire a Senior Project Manager who will embrace our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
Established in 1908, is one of the largest not-for-profit healthcare systems in the country, caring for more than a million patients each year. The 2,675-bed acute-care medical facility, comprised of nine hospitals, has been recognized by U.S. News & World Report as one of the best hospitals in the country for over 10 years. It serves as a community hospital for Greater Orlando and as a major tertiary referral hospital for Central Florida and much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and Latin America.
The Office of Design & Construction (ODC) provides a variety of services and expertise in the program management of capital improvement projects. These projects range from minor renovations to major new construction at all of 's Central Florida campuses. Our department's professional staff includes; Project Managers, Project Coordinators, Architects, Engineers, Designers and Administrative Personnel that coordinate each project's planning, design, and construction process from start to finish. We are located just off the Orlando campus on Orange Avenue.
8:00am - 4:30pm; M-F
The Office of Design & Construction (ODC) Senior Project Manager (SPM) serves as the project leader and single point of accountability. The SPM provides accurate and timely planning, analysis, and execution of multiple, large scale, design-to-construction projects, with budgets in excess of $50 million dollars. The SPM prepares time and cost estimates for assigned projects, tracks projects against proposed timelines, updates project plans to reflect actual progress, and escalates encountered situations to the appropriate area with detailed and accurate information. These responsibilities usually involve the management of employees of , consultant designers, contractors, and other professionals. The SPM actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
- Excellent project management skills to manage multiple mid-sized to large, complex healthcare projects
- Knowledge of healthcare design and construction techniques
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings and contracts
- Excellent verbal, written, and organizational skills
- Self-motivated requiring minimal management
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work with and manage multi-faceted teams
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Comfortable in making presentations to management and customers
- Proficient in Microsoft Project or similar project management program (Preferred)
- Proficient in e-Builder software program (Preferred)
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Architecture, Interior Design, Engineering, Construction
- Management or related field
- Seven years' healthcare design and construction project management experience
- Extensive experience in managing diverse teams to deliver complex information solutions
- Extensive experience in construction process, including all project deliverables
- Experience with Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA, or equivalent state agency) construction requirements
- Ten years' healthcare project management experience (Preferred)
- Current State of Florida License in Architecture, Interior Design, Structural or Civil Engineering (Preferred)
- General Contracting License (Preferred)
- Project management certification (Preferred)
Demonstrates through behavior 's Keep Me safe, Love Me, Make it Easy, and Own it as outlined in the organization's Performance Excellence Program
- Utilizes pre-construction understanding of operational considerations to consistently assess project risks and formulates mitigation plans as needed. Successfully develops and updates project budgets as required utilizing "Project Budget Tracking Form." Delivers projects in a timely and cost-efficient manner in accordance with the approved project scope.
- Effectively leads project evaluation meetings and administrative reviews from conception to completion. Manages the negotiation and bidding of the project; develops, manages, and delivers a project change control process as needed to ensure project team operates within the scope and change approval process.
- Oversees and coordinates the work of the Project Manager and Project Coordinator to assure the project is progressing appropriately, frequently visits job site throughout construction, follows established procedures of the Design & Construction department.
- Monitors subcontractor activities to guarantee compliance with project budget and specification requirements, and administers RFIs and Change Orders.
- Multitasks, including managing contract employees, consultants, vendors and staff.
- Accurately manages multiple projects simultaneously, utilizing the Project Request Tracking Form. Effectively prepares and presents technical and/or educational documentation of assigned projects to enhance the knowledge of our customers and team members affected.
- Actively participates in internal and/or external training programs, staying current and compliant on application or technical skills applicable to assigned duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure smooth and efficient operations of the Design & Construction department.
If you want to be a part of a team that is dedicated to delivering the highest quality in patient care, we invite you to explore the Senior Project Manager opportunity with and apply online today.
Senior Project Manager, Design and Construction, Orlando