Manager, Resource and Executive Planning
Advatix, Inc. Coppell, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Manager, Resource and Executive Planning
The Advatix® Manager, Resource and Executive Planning (M,REP) is responsible for maintaining an accurate inventory of project resources, managing schedules of activities and availability of resources as it relates to complex project assignments. The focus of the role is to stay abreast of where all of our “boots on the ground” consultants are being deployed and how long they will be assigned in order to support planned redeployments to future engagements. The M,REP provides resource data, in a timely manner, to ensure project leaders have the right people, in the right place, at the right time in current projects, while also maintaining visibility for future projects and accounting for potential resources needed.
Reporting to the Chief Strategy and Consulting Officer (CSCO), the Manager, Resource and Executive Planning additionally supports the CSCO administratively, to include meeting coordination, communication with the internal teams as well as customers as needed. The Manager, Resource and Executive Planning will collaborate across the Advatix® and XPDEL® teams in support of the company missions and is responsible for modeling company values and promoting the culture.
Key Result Areas
- Maintain and oversee staff tracking assignments and provides updates as needed to senior management regarding availability and assignment status to ensure projects are staffed appropriately as defined by budgets
- Accountable for the coordination, monitoring, and reporting of quality project schedule information to enable effective resource assignments
- Ensure Project Managers are aware of upcoming resource constraints and prioritization is agreed where conflicts exist
- May act as primary resourcing contact when departmental leadership is not available
- Effectively communicate with senior management and/or project team regarding status of all contractual assignments
- Maintain and oversee the entry of information/status into the resourcing system
- Directly participate in and proactively contribute to project-related meetings to discuss, review and optimize scheduling and resourcing plans
- Collaborates to develop documentation relating to forecasting, planning, and resourcing tools, systems and processes
- Supports critical path analyses and understands the potential impact to projects and proactively identifies and communicates suggested plan changes
- Supports Leadership by managing labor on a daily and weekly basis and responsible for labor tracking and reporting. The resource planner is involved in training activities including skill gap assessment by crew, recommendation for necessary training and monitoring of progress against the training plan.
- Liaise closely with internal customers to review contract/budget areas that impact any aspect of forecasting, planning of projects, and/or assignment of staff required to manage project work
- Liaise with HR to confirm hiring requirements
- Inform appropriate leadership of staff capacity and future requirements in order to ensure supply is present to meet demand of required project work
- Match staff assignments to budgets/change orders to maximize profitability
- Recommend appropriate resourcing solutions to manage conflicting priorities and project overlaps
- Support the analysis of cost and schedule impact
- Provide training on staff tracking tool maintenance
- BS/BA degree and 4 years direct experience with direct resource planning and scheduling responsibilities
- Experience mentoring and coaching employees
- Demonstrated proficiency proactively managing time and project requirements based on study deliverables
- Experience researching, creating, and enhancing internal training materials
- Good understanding of continuous improvement processes and particular knowledge of Project Management methodologies
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office and relevant resource planning programs essential
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize workload effectively with a high degree of flexibility
- Ability to work under limited supervision and able to work under pressure in a demanding role
- The ability to be a team player while working well independently
- Self-motivated with the ability and initiative to work on own and is a proactive decision-maker
- Is committed to achieving result.
- Is flexible and adaptable
Location: Dallas, TX preferred, Open to all US cities/remote role
We truly value our staff and offer the benefits to prove it, medical, dental and vision insurance, vacation, sick and personal leave, etc. Salary is dependent upon experience and skillset.
BusinessView all jobs at Advatix, Inc.