Retail Data Analyst
- Expired: November 28, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
We have an excellent opportunity on our Data Intelligence Team for a Retail Data Analyst!
Our vision is to be the best financial institution our members can choose and the best place our employees have ever worked. Which means you will have real meaningful opportunities for personal growth. If you are looking for a different kind of career experience, doing work you can be proud of in an environment where you feel recognized, valued, and included…you belong here!
We are committed to creating a community where differences are celebrated, and individuals can bring their full selves to Advantis. These commitments are key to fulfilling our ultimate mission of building a culture of belonging for all within the Advantis community. To learn more about inclusion at Advantis, please visit our website
The Retail Data Analyst supports the Retail Banking division with data mining, analysis, and reporting to support Retail Banking Scorecard programs. The position provides support through business requirements and data intelligence insights for the Credit Union’s member feedback system and prepares reports for all functional areas and services measured. The Retail Data Analyst works closely with Information Technology and data service partners to ensure that data is secure, accurate and reliable, provides effective, timely reports to stakeholders, and assists management in interpreting data to identify service or product performance issues. The role provides the organization with data and actionable insights to help the credit union continually improve our members’ service experience.
- Manages the member feedback system for recording member and team experience information for all types or points of contact. Ensures that all channels are accurately measured, and that information is communicated to the appropriate business unit owner.
- Applies data visualization principles and best practices to effectively tell the story behind large, complex data sets and reports
- Analyzes relevant data from other feedback systems, complaint tracking mechanisms, and annual employee survey to identify potential service, product, process, system, and training issues.
- Analyzes survey results and other relevant data and identifies positive and negative service trends in people, process, and products. Collaborates with Retail Leadership to define and disseminate reports to functional areas.
- Builds, maintains, and updates the Retail Banking Balanced Scorecard program(s) and affiliated reward/recognition programs for the line of business.
- Consolidates and analyzes data extracts and reports from various credit union databases for use by Retail Leadership and Retail business units.
- Utilizes databases and information systems to research and identify areas for improvement. Interprets data and makes recommendations to Retail Management.
- Develops strategic and tactical analytics that support balanced scorecards, dashboards, data summaries and key indicators.
- Collaborates with Retail partners and IT to identify opportunities for process improvements, recommend system modifications, and develop policies for data governance.
- Maintains detailed knowledge of department function(s) and areas of workflow and system data management within the credit union’s Data Warehouse.
- Thorough documentation of policies and procedures as it pertains to data governance, master data management, and business requirements.
- Minimum 3 years related business experience in applying and developing analysis methods, database management, data mining, metrics, and report writing, preferably in the financial services industry.
- Bachelors’ degree in data science, computer science, statistics, mathematics, business or other related field and/or extensive work experience focused in data management and analysis, required.
- Ability to develop database queries, scripts, tools, and methods to manage data according to management requirements. Proficient with relational database concepts and practices, and able to create and maintain common database objects such as views, stored procedures, and user-defined functions. Proficient with PowerBI, SSRS, and MS Excel at an advanced level.
- Ability in investigating discrepancies, capturing, and maintaining data in an information management system or complex databases.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and influencing skills and ability to coordinate, develop and implement cross-departmental projects.
- Ability to work in a deadline driven environment with strong problem solving and decision-making skills. Strong attention to detail and process orientation.
Nice to Haves:
- Familiarity with SaaS or PaaS technologies a plus.
- SQL programming experience preferred.
- Experience or familiarity with C# or Visual Basic is a plus.
- Familiarity with API REST, or similar technologies a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of banking products, systems, procedures, regulations, business acumen and ability to interpret data to make recommendations for improvements as necessary is preferred.
We offer a generous benefits package for you. For more on our benefits, please visit our Benefits Page
A Great Place to Work!
At Advantis we help our members succeed financially. If you like to work with passion and purpose, collaborate, elevate, and celebrate, Advantis Credit Union is the place for you. Advantis is one of Oregon’s largest member-owned financial cooperatives, serving the Portland area for over 90 years.
Advantis Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
ADVANTIS CREDIT UNION
AddressOregon City, OR
Get fresh Retail Analyst jobs daily straight to your inbox!