Sr Quality Engineer
Advantage xPO Indianapolis, IN
- Posted: over a month ago
Alexandria Industries is a multifaceted manufacturer that goes beyond being a parts supplier. We make components that go into products people use everyday.
Since our founding in 1966, we have committed to helping customers create innovative manufacturing solutions that solve their product development challenges. We have achieved this by integrating the latest advancements in manufacturing and automation technology, focusing on continuous improvement strategies, and building a highly skilled workforce.
Guided by our values and a servant leadership mindset, we are dedicated to our customers, colleagues and communities.
Under the direction of the site General Manager and Corporate Quality Manager this position will be responsible for develop, modifies, applies, and maintains quality standards for products and processes. Provides diverse and complex statistical information for quality improvement by determining and applying testing methods and criteria. Responsible to guide technical evaluations, analysis, and related data acquisition processes to ensure division quality objectives are achieved.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following description of work to be performed by this individual is not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, it focuses on the major tasks that must be accomplished. There are many necessary activities to satisfy any of the following performance guidelines.
- Assesses quality performance (or cost-of-quality) using statistical and analytical methods. Devises and implements various methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision, reliability and accuracy of products, processes and production equipment.
- Develops and establishes quality systems and procedures, inspection plans, quality performance trends, statistical plans, cost estimates and technical quality plans for proposals. Ensures that project and/or process control documentation is compliant with requirements and/or contract.
- Assesses the cost of, and determines the responsibility for, products or materials that do not meet required standards and specifications by performing statistical analyses.
- Responsible for supporting the location’s QMS
- Provides DFM input on critical to quality requirements to engineering teams for new product launches.
- Identifies quality performance, trends and corrective actions by coordinating with customers and suppliers. Ensures compliance to specified quality requirements by performing in-house and supplier audits and surveys. Develops and initiates programs to improve supplier performance.
- Prepares reports by collecting, interpreting, analyzing and summarizing data and making recommendations. Analyzes proposed changes in methods and materials. Compiles and writes training material and conducts training sessions on quality control activities.
- Participates in failure analysis and corrective action investigations.
- Refines and enhances products and processes by applying continuous improvement and key lean manufacturing/production principles and techniques to critical areas of production.
- Represents Alexandria Industries by interfacing with customers, assisting with internal and external audits. May act as main contact in audit. Develops and coordinates corrective action procedures and plans.
- Communicates and educates Operations Team on matters requiring specialized knowledge of quality functions, i.e., Production Approval Process (PPAP), Advanced Product Quality Process (APQP), and document control.
- Conduct quality related visits to customers and suppliers as required.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications, establishing industry networks, benchmarking state-of-the-art practices, maintaining American Society for Quality certification, and/or participating in other professional associations.
The essential functions have been provided as examples of the type of work performed in this job. Alexandria Industries reserves the right to modify the work assignments and/or to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions. The job description is not intended to be an all inclusive list of duties and responsibilities. It is intended to describe the general nature of the position.
OTHER JOB DUTIES: (Not considered essential to the job)
Perform all other related assignments (including special projects) as required in a professional and cooperative manner.
- Bachelor Science in Engineering or a related discipline
- ASQ certification preferred, or obtain in 2 years
- Six Sigma and Lean tools preferred
- Experience in regulated industry preferred
- 3+ years of related experience
- 2+ years of leadership experience preferred
Other required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to recognize safety concerns
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to provide exceptional leadership and support to team members
- Ability to take part in continuous education and training
- Ability to use standard business applications software and/or specialized data analysis tools
- Excellent customer relation skills
- Must have the ability to work with minimum direction
- Proficient organizational skills
- Expert in 8D root cause analysis and corrective action
- Experience in maintaining and improving QS9000/ISO900 and TSI6949 Systems is required.
- Travel required (10%)
- Office Equipment (computer, phone, printer, scanner, copier and fax machine)
- Knowledgeable on metrology equipment
- Medical and Dental Insurance, a Flexible Spending Account, a robust Wellness Program, and a Family Health & Wellness Clinic (Alexandria location), provide our employees with valuable resources to help them care for their physical well-being.
- Our Corporate Chaplain and company prayer chain provide supportive resources for our employees' spiritual health and well-being.
- 401(k) retirement program with company match, life insurance, short and long term disability insurance, Gainshare bonuses, and a Benevolent Fund to assist employees experiencing a temporary and unexpected financial hardship, all contribute to the financial health of our employees and their families.
- Paid time off, paid holidays, 8 hours of paid volunteer time annually, and an employee assistance program help employees maintain a work/life balance.
Advantage xPO is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Advantage xPO is an E-Verify employer. This policy is applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
All employees are directed to familiarize themselves with this policy and to act in accordance with it. All decisions with respect to employment matters and other phases of employer-temporary employee relationships will be in keeping with this policy and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Advantage xPOWhy Work Here?
As your job search partner, we can connect you with career opportunities at great companies that match your skills and experience.
Let’s find your next job – together. Whether you’re looking for temporary work or a direct-hire job, Advantage xPO will connect you to an opportunity that closely matches your interests and skills. Advantage xPO is a proud member of Staffmark Group, an award-winning family of staffing brands with a national network of 450+ offices. We connect over 250,000 people to jobs each year, and we’re ready to put this expertise to work for you! Learn more at www.advantagexpo.com.