Advantage XPO is currently searching for a Production Supervisor for PaperWorks Industries, a leading manufacturer of paperboard and packaging solutions. This position will be based in their Hastings, Nebraska location.
About PaperWorks Industries
PaperWorks is a leading, integrated North American full-service provider of 100% recycled paperboard and specialized folding cartons for packaging applications. Founded in 2008 and headquartered in Philadelphia, PA, we are committed to the highest sustainable forestry and procurement standards.
We want our team members to be proud of the essential work they do, our commitment to the environment, and the overall company. As part of our culture journey to be recognized as a Great Place to Work©, we continue to invest heavily in our people, our company culture and in state-of-the-art technology to be at the forefront of innovation and market differentiation. PaperWorks’ products are certified by the Forest Stewardship Council and 100% Recycled Paperboard Alliance.
Our purpose is clear. Deliver innovative, value-added packaging solutions to the world while making it a better place for all.
Directly supervises shift personnel in the sheeting, printing, die cutting, finishing, and laminating. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The Shift Supervisor coordinates and facilitates the day-to-day activities of the teams. Essential duties and responsibilities may include the following.
- Works with employees to maintain a safe work environment. Encourages and leads team members to work in a safe manner and to seek improvement in work practices for their benefit.
- Assures that the team maintains quality standards and uses appropriate techniques for problem resolution through knowledge of product specifications and training of staff.
- Ensures that product quality, production efficiencies, and overall productivity meets or exceeds established standards, and is directly accountable for expenditures exceeding budgeted levels.
- Strives to be technically proficient on the machinery in the department.
- Provides assistance to the team in problem resolution and assures that testing and product development is carried out in a professional manner.
- Report any potentially unsafe conditions or customer complaints to a person of authority to record and/or correct the situation.
- The Shift Supervisor must be a leader with exceptional communication skills, good organization, and the ability to motivate people to perform at high levels.
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or equipment-direct experience in the folding carton industry is required.
- Minimum of 3-5 years supervisory experience in a manufacturing plant preferred.
- Production experience is required and continued education is considered a plus. Must be quality conscious and customer oriented.
About Advantage xPO
Advantage xPO is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Advantage xPO is an E-Verify employer. This policy is applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
All employees are directed to familiarize themselves with this policy and to act in accordance with it. All decisions with respect to employment matters and other phases of employer-temporary employee relationships will be in keeping with this policy and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Why Work Here?Let’s find your next job – together. Whether you’re looking for temporary work or a direct-hire job, Advantage xPO will connect you to an opportunity that closely matches your interests and skills. Advantage xPO is a proud member of Staffmark Group, an award-winning family of staffing brands with a national network of 450+ offices. We connect over 250,000 people to jobs each year, and we’re ready to put this expertise to work for you! Learn more at www.advantagexpo.com.
As your job search partner, we can connect you with career opportunities at great companies that match your skills and experience.