Senior Engineering Technician
Advantage xPO Sunnyvale, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
At Intuitive, we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints. Our mission is our guiding force; our culture is the DNA that makes us unique.
As a pioneer in robotic-assisted surgery (RAS), we have been expanding our innovations through technology to help make a difference in the world. For 25 years, human ingenuity has guided our journey to help solve some of healthcare’s complex challenges.
We believe a great idea can come from anywhere—inclusion and mutual respect are vital to our culture. We value character grounded in integrity, a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and diverse experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and strive to achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let’s help to advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
The primary objective for this person is to assemble a variety of products, meeting quality and productivity goals, within a manufacturing work environment. This person would work closely with fellow team members, the area Lead, and the supervisor to achieve team performance goals in the areas of Efficiency, DPU, Hours Reporting Accuracy, Scrap, Inventory Accuracy, and Time Lost Accuracy. Goals are set in each of these areas for each quarter and overall team performance is measured against them.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assemble a variety of products according to standard work instructions and prints.
- Operate and set up (as needed), production equipment/fixtures.
- Become proficient at multiple assembly tasks while meeting requirements for workmanship, safety and productivity.
- Perform preparation work such as line clearance and changeover.
- Perform inspection of own and other’s work. Perform simple repairs on own or other’s work.
- Mentor others in areas of expertise (as needed).
- Properly complete manufacturing documentation. Initiate basic material requests, report quality issues, report efficiency, record measurements as needed. May report work order information into computer.
- Maintain the accuracy of identification and count of point-of-use materials. Accurately determine and report material shortages.
- Follow all corporate, regulatory, safety and production policies and procedures.
- Maintain an excellent attendance record.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications - External
- Education and/or Experience: Minimum High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 1 year experience
- Language Skills: Ability to read, write and understand English. Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees, supervisors, or engineers.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add and subtract multi-digit numbers (including decimals); to multiply and divide; to find averages, percentages and ranges. Ability to determine the minimum, maximum and nominal value when provided with a specification and a tolerance. Ability to perform basic math on a calculator.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables. Ability to understand the basic material flow from the stock room to finished goods, Bill-of-Material structure, and cycle counting procedures. Ability to report quality issues. Ability to suggest simple process improvements.
- Computer skills: Ability to use personal computers as part of daily work. Ability to use systems (Agile/SAP) to check drawings, BOM structures, procedures, training records is preferred. Ability to use on-line documentation.
- Other skills and abilities: Ability to work varying shifts. Must have ability to complete training courses. Ability to work in a team environment. Ability to use clocks, timers, calipers, and rulers. Ability to work in a controlled environment room (ie clean room), this includes wearing clean room gowns, head caps, booties as well as meeting other clean room standards such as no jewelry or make-up.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
About Advantage xPO
Advantage xPO is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Advantage xPO is an E-Verify employer. This policy is applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
All employees are directed to familiarize themselves with this policy and to act in accordance with it. All decisions with respect to employment matters and other phases of employer-temporary employee relationships will be in keeping with this policy and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Advantage xPOWhy Work Here?
As your job search partner, we can connect you with career opportunities at great companies that match your skills and experience.
Let’s find your next job – together. Whether you’re looking for temporary work or a direct-hire job, Advantage xPO will connect you to an opportunity that closely matches your interests and skills. Advantage xPO is a proud member of Staffmark Group, an award-winning family of staffing brands with a national network of 450+ offices. We connect over 250,000 people to jobs each year, and we’re ready to put this expertise to work for you! Learn more at www.advantagexpo.com.