Quality Assurance Technician
Advantage xPO Hastings, NE
- Posted: over a month ago
PaperWorks Industries has Direct Hire opening for a Quality Assurance Technician in HASTINGS, NE.
PaperWorks is a leading, integrated North American full-service provider of 100% recycled paperboard and specialized folding cartons for packaging applications. Founded in 2008 and headquartered in Philadelphia, PA, we are committed to the highest sustainable forestry and procurement standards. We want our team members to be proud of the essential work they do, our commitment to the environment, and the overall company. As part of our culture journey to be recognized as a Great Place to Work©, we continue to invest heavily in our people, our company culture and in state-of-the-art technology to be at the forefront of innovation and market differentiation. PaperWorks’ products are certified by the Forest Stewardship Council and 100% Recycled Paperboard Alliance. Our purpose is clear. Deliver innovative, value-added packaging solutions to the world while making it a better place for all.
This team member is responsible for all activities concerned with application and maintenance of quality standards for processing raw materials into finished product by performing the following duties. This person must exhibit mature judgment when dealing with others in order to maintain morale and goodwill of employees and customers. A high level of confidentiality is necessary in this position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Quality Assurance Technician is responsible for all activities concerned with application and maintenance of quality standards for processing raw materials into finished product by performing the following duties:
Corporate Quality System:
- Responsible for developing and maintaining all quality procedures
- Responsible to ensure compliance with prerequisite and food safety programs
- Develop and maintain cleaning work orders for all departments
- Generate and close cleaning work orders weekly
- Input cleaning work order information into database
- Control Quality related documents
- Serves as a Quality Auditor to ensure compliance with the Corporate Quality Standard
- Administer monthly Internal Audits. Review audit violations to identify areas needing improvement and/or areas which show repeat violations.
Production Process Inspections:
- Assist in performing various testing on partially finished and finished product (e.g., UPC scans, ink rub tests, break-open force tests, etc.)
- Assist departments in complying with established sampling procedures in the Finishing Dept., including documentation of data
Customer/Internal Complaint Follow-Up System:
- Customer/internal complaint database (HQMS software)
- Input data into computer, coordinating with CSR as necessary to ensure a complete understanding of complaint, and move questionable product into sort bin
- Defer complaint to responsible department in accordance with Customer or Internal Complaint Procedures
Dead File Processing:
- Manage this system
- Retrieve job boxes from Scheduling at completion of job
- Review samples and takes corrective action as required
- Ensure control of job-related documents used for reference on future jobs, historical job information (load tags, factory tickets, SPC data sheets, and other information deemed necessary to retain) in conjunction with dead file processing procedures
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or 12 to 24 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
SHIFT: 7:00am to 7:00pm Continental Shift
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Must have the ability to read, write, and comprehend documents and verbal instructions in English for Safety and work related tasks. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, technical procedures, or regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, and other departments.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Ability to accurately use and read a standard tape measure using 16th and 32nd measurements.
REASONING ABILITY: Analytical skills are needed for this position. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions and deal with several variables and report findings to appropriate parties. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Advantage xPO is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Advantage xPO is an E-Verify employer. This policy is applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
All employees are directed to familiarize themselves with this policy and to act in accordance with it. All decisions with respect to employment matters and other phases of employer-temporary employee relationships will be in keeping with this policy and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Advantage xPOWhy Work Here?
As your job search partner, we can connect you with career opportunities at great companies that match your skills and experience.
Let’s find your next job – together. Whether you’re looking for temporary work or a direct-hire job, Advantage xPO will connect you to an opportunity that closely matches your interests and skills. Advantage xPO is a proud member of Staffmark Group, an award-winning family of staffing brands with a national network of 450+ offices. We connect over 250,000 people to jobs each year, and we’re ready to put this expertise to work for you! Learn more at www.advantagexpo.com.