Advantage xPO Woodland, WA
- Posted: over a month ago
Signode is a leading transit-packaging provider, offering safe and effective products and solutions to our customers globally.
With over $2B in revenue, 80+ manufacturing facilities across 6 continents and over 7,000 employees worldwide, Signode is a leading manufacturer of a broad spectrum of transit packaging consumables, tools, software, and equipment that optimize end-of line packaging operations and protect products in transit. Signode brings this extensive product portfolio together under hundreds of trusted brands to offer complete transit packaging solutions to its customers.
We produce strap, stretch and protective packaging. We also manufacture packaging tools and equipment used to apply the bulk packaging materials. These commercial packaging products are used to pack, bundle, unitize, protect and secure goods during warehousing and transit. Our company is a pioneer in the industrial packaging sector with a long history of customer-focused innovations in materials, processes and automation technology that have revolutionized the sector.
We are proud to be the Transit Packaging Division of Crown Holdings, Inc. We are excited to go to market as Signode and to share the portfolio of products, services and capabilities that make us the world’s premier end-of-line packaging company.
JOB: PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Minimum of one year of prior supervisory or team leader/group leader experience. High School diploma required. Some college preferred.
TRAINING REQUIRED: Safety Training, Supervisory Training, Quality Training and on-the-job training.
BASIC ABILITIES: Good communication and leadership skills. Good mechanical ability. Good organizational and interpersonal skills.
JOB BRIEF: The Shift Supervisor’s job duties include, but are not limited to:
1. Works with minimum supervision & enforces all safety rules.
2. Ensures the overall safety of the production facility.
3. Works at the direction of the Plant Manager.
4. Oversees the overall training of production personnel.
5. Maintains correct procedures and follows specified guidelines.
6. Maintains necessary documentation, ensures quality & production.
7. Ensures proper maintenance and operation of production equipment.
8. Ability to be hands on with equipment repairs and problem solving.
9. Maintains employees PTO, hours and schedule in Dayforce.
10. Ensures housekeeping and cleanliness of the plant and grounds.
11. Inspects and measures parts and products to verify conformance to specifications.
12. Directs workers in adjusting machines and equipment.
13. Establishes or adjusts workforce to meet production schedules.
14. Develops, recommends, and implements measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
15. Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop, department, or work crew.
16. Analyzes and resolves work problems or assists workers in solving work problems.
17. Conducts employee interviews, training, planning, assignment, performance appraisals, rewards, and disciplinary actions.
18. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
19. Any other duties assigned by plant manager.
About Advantage xPO
Advantage xPO is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Advantage xPO is an E-Verify employer. This policy is applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
All employees are directed to familiarize themselves with this policy and to act in accordance with it. All decisions with respect to employment matters and other phases of employer-temporary employee relationships will be in keeping with this policy and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Advantage xPOWhy Work Here?
As your job search partner, we can connect you with career opportunities at great companies that match your skills and experience.
Let’s find your next job – together. Whether you’re looking for temporary work or a direct-hire job, Advantage xPO will connect you to an opportunity that closely matches your interests and skills. Advantage xPO is a proud member of Staffmark Group, an award-winning family of staffing brands with a national network of 450+ offices. We connect over 250,000 people to jobs each year, and we’re ready to put this expertise to work for you! Learn more at www.advantagexpo.com.