Production Supervisor (1st, 2nd, 3rd Shifts) - Darlington, SC
Advantage xPO Darlington, SC
- Expired: September 08, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Signode is a leading transit-packaging provider, offering safe and effective products and solutions to our customers globally.
With over $2B in revenue, 80+ manufacturing facilities across 6 continents and over 7,000 employees worldwide, Signode is a leading manufacturer of a broad spectrum of transit packaging consumables, tools, software, and equipment that optimize end-of line packaging operations and protect products in transit. Signode brings this extensive product portfolio together under hundreds of trusted brands to offer complete transit packaging solutions to its customers.
We produce strap, stretch and protective packaging. We also manufacture packaging tools and equipment used to apply the bulk packaging materials. These commercial packaging products are used to pack, bundle, unitize, protect and secure goods during warehousing and transit. Our company is a pioneer in the industrial packaging sector with a long history of customer-focused innovations in materials, processes and automation technology that have revolutionized the sector.
We are proud to be the Transit Packaging Division of Crown Holdings, Inc. We are excited to go to market as Signode and to share the portfolio of products, services and capabilities that make us the world’s premier end-of-line packaging company.
Please read the job description below and if you are interested, please apply on Signode’s website here.
Production Supervisor - Darlington, SC
Salary: Up to $75,000 - Depending on experience
Shifts: 1st, 2nd, 3rd
Oversees all aspects of day-to-day production and manufacturing personnel activities, leads team meetings, and facilitates continuous improvements in the process with emphasis on quality, reduction of cost and waste. Responsible for ensuring the production of a quality product and meeting production/customer specifications while achieving plant productivity objectives.
Reasonable Accommodation Statement
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
• Ability to identify and correct unsafe situations and/or behaviors and model safety in all you do.
• A team player possessing excellent communication skills and having the ability to plan, prioritize and organize work effectively.
• Able to adapt to a rapidly changing environment, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Assess situations, make judgements, analyze problems (not just symptoms), make logical decisions and carry out the decision made.
• Work as a team with other supervisors to achieve company goals and objectives.
• Thoroughly communicate all needed information with the other shifts.
• Work with plant management, maintenance, quality, and engineering to solve production challenges.
• Enforce company polices and rules.
• Ensure safe working conditions and rectify any issues.
• Responsible for the training, motivation, discipline, and measuring of employees’ performance as necessary to complete written evaluations of full-time, direct reports under the guidance of the Operations Manager.
• Responsible for the onboarding, training and discipline of temporary employees assigned to designated shift. Job Description Production Supervisor
• Supervise overall plant operations by planning, prioritizing, organizing, and delegating work effectively.
• Troubleshoot production and prep lines and coach line operators.
• Ensure the general operating procedures and guidelines are followed in production by all shift personnel.
• Perform other job-related duties as may be necessary to carry out the responsibilities of this position.
• Ensure the organization is in place and that all individuals within the organization have their roles clearly understood. Work with group leaders to achieve the targets of each key operational indicator.
• Participate as required in continuous improvement teams and provide leadership and support to teams in their efforts to meet and exceed targeted capital costs.
• Employ the principles of lean manufacturing for elimination of waste and optimization of labor efficiencies.
• Be prepared to communicate the operational needs of the facility with the Plant Manager in the absence of the Operations Manager
• A successful candidate will be expected to exhibit the aptitude, desire and performance to transition into the role of Operations Manager within a 3-5 year period.
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (Engineering, Business, Management) or High School Diploma/GED and 10+ years direct experience.
Experience / Abilities:
• Five+ years of proven supervisory or leadership experience in a manufacturing environment is required.
• Strong decision-making skills and proven ability to prioritize.
• Ability to conduct crucial conversations.
• Ability to work up to 12-hour shifts, including weekends and holidays.
• Training may take place on day shift.
• Intermediate computer skills.
About Advantage xPO
Advantage xPO is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Advantage xPO is an E-Verify employer. This policy is applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
All employees are directed to familiarize themselves with this policy and to act in accordance with it. All decisions with respect to employment matters and other phases of employer-temporary employee relationships will be in keeping with this policy and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
ManufacturingView all jobs at Advantage xPO