Base salary $50,960 (position is overtime eligible) + $8,000 target yearly performance bonus. Relocation assistance to Itasca, IL if needed.
About our Client:
Our client is a global leader in industrial automation with the ability to add value to customers in all aspects of manufacturing, research and design. They never settle and aim to change the status quo for society and for the world, one product at a time. With 70% of their products being world/industry first and strong direct-sales approach, their operating profit margin is 53% leading to the 6th highest position in terms of market cap. Their strict promote from within policy puts pressure on the organization to continue developing new managers so they can expand their business and provide lucrative careers for their employees. They hire talented individuals who push themselves and their organization to get to the next level.
Ensure 100% customer satisfaction by coordinating all aspects of product repairs and inspections among sales representatives, customers, and parent company. Maintain and enter accurate data into the database concerning product repairs and inspections. Demonstrate strong abilities to prioritize and organize. Possess ability to test products and knowledge of the practical application of engineering and technology.
Principal duties and tasks
- Coordinate the receiving and tracking of products in need of inspection and/or repair from sales reps and/or customer
- Communicate the status and/or cost of repair to sales reps and/or customers primarily via phone and email
- Receive and inspect defective products to diagnose the causes of defects and determine costof repairs
- Enter and maintain the accurate status and logs of each product repair and/or inspection into the database
- Generate and disseminate periodic reports concerning product repairs and/or inspections to sales reps and company management
- Train the sub-contractor on how to conduct quality testing of trial units, especially temporary replacements
- Receive, inspect, and clean returned products including trial units and properly record in the system. If any discrepancies are identified, investigate and resolve such issues.
- Travel to warehouse, as needed, to manage and assist the sub-contractor
- Proactively identify areas to improve PRD operation efficiency and initiate projects to achieve such improvements
- Understand and observe company / department policies and procedures
- Other duties or projects, as assigned
- Ability to establish and maintain pleasant interpersonal relationships primarily over the phone and emails
- Ability to prioritize and organize for accurate and timely completion of product repair and/or inspection
- Troubleshooting skill – determining causes of operating errors and deciding remedial actions
- Analytical skill to identify the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data
- into separate parts.
- High degree of service orientation to actively look for ways to help people
- Repairing skill including soldering and equipment testing (Multi-tester, etc)
- Dependability – job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable for completing the duties and projects on time
- High degree of self-control – job requires maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations
- Ability to lift and carry 30 - 70 lbs. of demonstration equipment
Education and Expeirence
- 4 year degree; preferably within engineering or technical discipline. Will consider non technical 4 year degree with a demonstrated mechanical aptitude
- Previous experience with product repair a plus
- 1-5 years of experience
About Advantage xPO
Advantage xPO makes all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, ancestry, medical condition, age, marital status, national origin, citizen status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran status, denial of medical or family leave, pregnancy or pregnancy disability leave or any other protected group status as defined by federal, state or local law. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application or interviewing process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Advantage xPO is an E-verify employer.