Optical Customer Service Manager
Advantage xPO South Windsor, CT
- Expired: October 23, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Are you a Visionary? Do you have a background in Optics? Are you Customer engaging? Have you ever envisioned yourself as an Optical Customer Service Manager? If so, you've come to the right place! Here at HOYA VISION CARE in South Windsor, CT (Hartford, CT) we're actively interviewing for an Optical Customer Service Manager to join our TEAM!
Driven by passion for innovation and development, Hoya Vision is constantly moving boundaries. By use of extensive research and cutting-edge technology we provide tailored optimized experiences – both for the eye care professional and the spectacle wearer.
To us, whether you’re an eye care professional or a spectacle wearer, it’s all about constantly refining our processes and products for providing the very best services and products. Products and services that really improve the way you see life. The way yo
The Customer Service Manager is responsible for managing a team of Customer Service Representatives serving Hoya Eye Care Professional customers. Manager is responsible for all departmental planning, directing, coordinating, and controlling customer service department and CSR activities while ensuring the customer needs are met. Manager handles daily operational responsibility, customer escalations, CSR coaching and counseling, and enterprise level management functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manager should have general Hoya CS proficiency with regard to order placement and management, systems and tools, products and customers to be able to handle escalations, account management and coaching and counseling.
- Manage customer relationships
- Coordinates manpower requirements by increasing or decreasing personnel and approves overtime to meet changing conditions. Adjusts staffing schedules for real time demand and long term planning
- Monitor attendance, vacation, and hours worked of employees.
- Monitor performance of direct reports and provide prompt and objective coaching in accomplishing goals and job performance; write and conduct performance reviews; reward and discipline employees.
- Performance quality management – work closely with the Quality Assurance lead to monitor and assess performance. Use QA information to incorporate into coaching, training, and performance evaluations.
- Communicate with customers who are dissatisfied with the product and suggest ways to resolve the issue.
- Work closely with employees to ensure proper training and cross-training is provided to employees on all processes and equipment, and ensure standard operating procedures are followed.
- Monitor, schedule, and maintain customer service activities by coordinating employees around customer demand.
- Ensure policies and procedures that are in place are being followed for production efficiency, safety, and compliance with company and state/federal regulations and guidelines.
- Provide technical support to Customer Service Representatives and Customers.
- Responsible for working with Territory Sales Managers and other Sales team management to resolving customer issues and complaints.
- Maintain strong working relationship with Sales, Marketing, and Lab Operations
- Work with Dallas lab and other Hoya sister labs to ensure strong partnership with regard to account relationships and job-related issue management
- Responsible for processing and approving customer credits when an issue arises.
- Assist and support the customer service representatives in resolving and expediting delayed and multiple breakage jobs.
- Recommend product substitution to customers when applicable.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions. Works well in group problem solving situations. Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations. Responds promptly to customer needs. Solicits customer feedback to improve service. Responds to requests for service and assistance. Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming. Maintains confidentiality. Listens to others without interrupting. Keeps emotions under control. Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Schedule flexibility – be able to start early or stay late on occasion to support needs of the team.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Listens and gets clarification. Responds well to questions. Participates in meetings.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views. Gives and welcomes feedback. Contributes to building a positive team spirit. Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives. Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Delegation - Delegates work assignments. Matches the responsibility to the person. Gives authority to work independently. Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities. Provides recognition for results.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others. Inspires and motivates others to perform well. Effectively influences actions and opinions of others. Accepts feedback from others. Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Managing People - Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating, and process improvement. Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities. Makes self available to staff. Provides regular performance feedback. Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth. Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external). Fosters quality focus in others. Improves processes, products, and services. Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality. Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions. Displays orientation to profitability. Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition. Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences. Educates others on the value of diversity. Promotes a harassment-free environment. Builds a diverse workforce.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect. Keeps commitments. Inspires the trust of others. Works with integrity and ethically. Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures. Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time. Supports organization's goals and values. Benefits organization through outside activities. Respects diversity.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3-5 years experience in the optical industry
- 5 years customer service and call center experience
- 3 years managing customer service in a call center environment
- 2 - 4 years of management experience
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing with a variety of people. Bilingual (Spanish) is a plus but not necessary
- Must be able to maintain a positive attitude in stressful situations
- Must have excellent relationship building skills
- Proven leadership skills and the ability to successfully manage a team
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources, leadership techniques, and coordination of people and resources
- Using logic and reasoning to identify strengths/weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems in order to choose the most appropriate one
- Must be able to work overtime.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be capable of sitting and standing for extended periods of time and speaking in a professional manner in person and via phone. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The duties outlined in this document are not limited to what is presented and are not exclusive. You may be asked from time to time to perform additional duties by your supervisor.
Don't Delay, Send us your resume Today!
About Advantage xPO
Advantage xPO is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Ad...
BusinessView all jobs at Advantage xPO
Get fresh Optical Consultant jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.