Assemblers will perform multiple tasks while manufacturing locomotive/mining components, to include the installation of wiring harnesses and associated components, installation and/or connection of piping, limited tack welding, paint and associated application processes and material movement. Assemblers will use a variety of hand, electric, and pneumatic tools. Assemblers are responsible for working together to improve manufacturing processes and promote a climate of cooperation.
APPLY TODAY: https://wabtec.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/wabtec_careers/job/Fort-Worth/Assembler---GEMS-3W_R0029861
Assembly may include but is not limited to the following:
- The sub-assembly of components and full assembly of finished
- The installation and/or connection of wiring harnesses and associated Electronic components
- The installation and/or connection of piping and associated plumbing components
- The set up and completion, of various simple welding operations
- Testing of assembly components for oil and/or air leaks, simple electrical malfunctions and various other simple testing. Repairs to be made when failures are detected
- The use of standard machine tools including, but not limited to drill press, band saw, lathe, press breaks, laser, pipe bender, spot welder etc., and a variety of hand, electric, and pneumatic tools will be required
- Paint applications will include, but not limited to dry sanding, masking, unmasking, finish paint, stencil, seal and touch up
- Material transport may include the use of but not limited to radio-controlled cranes, forklifts and tuggers
- Prying and setting heavy equipment
- Work with all facility employees on improving manufacturing processes through prototyping, fabrication and experimental machining to develop and prove concepts and design and implement necessary fixtures and tooling for manufacturing improvements
- Promote climate of cooperation; leading by example mentoring others in quality, safety, environmental, lean and high-performance work team philosophies
- 2nd Shift from 3:15pm to 11:45pm.
- Starting pay rate is $18.91 per hour with night shift differential of $1/hr.
- Must be able to read blue prints, schematics and manufacturing instructions in a sufficient manner to complete the assigned assembly tasks
- Minimum of 1 year of experience using electrical and/or pneumatic hand tools.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- High-school diploma or GED or equivalent
- Must be willing to wear personal protective equipment, for example safety glasses, gloves, hats, ear plugs and safety shoes
- Must be willing to work in a tobacco-free environment
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
- Must be willing to work as necessary to meet requirements of the position, including the ability to work occasional weekends and scheduled overtime
- Must be able to complete some operations at heights up to 20 ft.
- Must be able to climb and complete some work on ladders
- Must be able to lift material up to 40 lbs.
- Must have ability to properly use and care for assigned tools and equipment
- Must be able to adhere to standards, do a quality job in a safe manner and within acceptable time
- Every employee will be an in-process inspector
Desired Skill Sets
- Auto Body experience
- Electrostatic Painting experience
- Manufacturing experience
- Plumbing experience
- Light Welding experience
- Warehouse experience
- Construction experience
Location:16201 Three Wide Drive. Fort Worth, TX 76177
About Advantage xPO
Advantage xPO makes all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, ancestry, medical condition, age, marital status, national origin, citizen status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran status, denial of medical or family leave, pregnancy or pregnancy disability leave or any other protected group status as defined by federal, state or local law. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application or interviewing process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Advantage xPO is an E-verify employer.