2021-1978 Production Supervisor
Advantage xPO Whitsett, NC
- Posted: over a month ago
PaperWorks is a leading, integrated North American full-service provider of 100% recycled paperboard and specialized folding cartons for packaging applications. Founded in 2008 and headquartered in Philadelphia, PA, we are committed to the highest sustainable forestry and procurement standards.
We want our team members to be proud of the essential work they do, our commitment to the environment, and the overall company. As part of our culture journey to be recognized as a Great Place to Work©, we continue to invest heavily in our people, our company culture and in state-of-the-art technology to be at the forefront of innovation and market differentiation. PaperWorks’ products are certified by the Forest Stewardship Council and 100% Recycled Paperboard Alliance. Our purpose is clear. Deliver innovative, value-added packaging solutions to the world while making it a better place for all.
3rd Shift Production Supervisor Overview:
- Review machine schedules, order requirements, operating problems, and special instructions with the preceding and relief production supervisors. Assigns crews to daily jobs based on work priorities and established schedules.
- Ensure all production stations are properly manned.
- Conduct and oversee on-the-job training for his / her assigned crew.
- Tour the area continually to observe and correct existing and / or potential production problems.
- Confer with other supervisors to coordinate operations and activities within departments or between departments.
- Check condition of felts, pumps, rolls, machinery, and supporting systems.
- Notify maintenance and his / her supervisor of needs for emergency and / or scheduled repairs.
- Adapt temporary measures where possible to maintain production.
- Evaluate the availability and condition of raw stock in line with current production requirements, making appropriate adjustments as required.
- Check board quality against specifications on a continuing basis.
- Take corrective action to ensure product is in specification.
- Report significant quality variations to his / her supervisor as needed.
- Limit the amount of off quality production.
- Develop action and improvement plans to eliminate odd lot production and reduce lost time.
- Maintain operations data, such as time, production, and cost records and prepares management reports.
- Assist Superintendent(s) in directing the periodic wash-up and maintenance works done on machine shut-downs.
- Develop and maintain cooperative working relationship between management and unions.
- Provides leadership for personnel assigned to their department.
- Enforce plant rules and safety policies and procedures including housekeeping.
- Responsible for safety OSHA recordable rate (RCR) of direct reports.
- Perform other duties as deemed necessary.
- High School or GED. BS, BA, or other comparable certification preferred.
- Eighteen months of education and training beyond high school level in a manufacturing field, or a closely related area.
- 5-10 years’ experience in general supervisory role that would include strategic planning, resource allocation, manpower modeling, leadership techniques, and production methods.
- Experience in motivating, developing, and directing people as they work.
- Experience in inspecting and evaluating the quality of products.
- Experience in looking at many indicators of system performance, taking into account their accuracy.
- Experience in bringing others together in an effort to reconcile differences.
- Knowledge of inputs, outputs, raw materials, waste, quality control, costs, and techniques for maximizing the manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Knowledge of policies and practices involved in personnel/human resource functions.
- Knowledge of instructional methods and training techniques.
- Knowledge of equipment, tools, mechanical devices, and their uses to produce motion, light, power, technology, and other applications.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Skilled in active listening. Able to listen to what other people are saying and ask questions as appropriate.
- Able to manage one’s own time and the time of others.
- Able to adjust actions in relation to others’ actions.
- Able to apply principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of goods and services.
- Able to determine when important changes have occurred in a system or are likely to occur.
- Able to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
- Able to navigate ladders and stairs in a safe manner.
Advantage xPO is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Advantage xPO is an E-Verify employer. This policy is applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
All employees are directed to familiarize themselves with this policy and to act in accordance with it. All decisions with respect to employment matters and other phases of employer-temporary employee relationships will be in keeping with this policy and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Advantage xPOWhy Work Here?
As your job search partner, we can connect you with career opportunities at great companies that match your skills and experience.
Let’s find your next job – together. Whether you’re looking for temporary work or a direct-hire job, Advantage xPO will connect you to an opportunity that closely matches your interests and skills. Advantage xPO is a proud member of Staffmark Group, an award-winning family of staffing brands with a national network of 450+ offices. We connect over 250,000 people to jobs each year, and we’re ready to put this expertise to work for you! Learn more at www.advantagexpo.com.