Advantage Technology is currently looking for an IT Account Executive to join our dynamic and growing organization in the D.C. Metro Area with in-depth knowledge of the local markets and competitive landscape. Familiarity with the IT industry is preferred; ability to grasp business and technical drivers is essential.
The IT Account Executive will play an integral part in helping to grow new business and develop strong customer relationships within an assigned territory. Leadership will depend on Account Executive’s strategic thinking and market trend analysis to create campaigns and offers. With our ongoing training, the Account Executive will be able to develop in-depth solutions across a wide variety of technology products and services to new and existing customers.
If you are looking for a challenging and financially rewarding career in sales, the IT Account Executive position may be a great opportunity for you!
- Develop new customers and grow existing customers through a strategy and sales plan addressing the territory and customer's needs.
- Build long term relationships with Customer, Centers of Influence, Partners, and Software Vendors to maximize revenue growth in a designated territory.
- Achieve and Surpass Sales Goals.
- Understand current and future IT trends to solve customer's issues through software and hardware solutions.
- Make telephone and field calls to present Advantage Technology’s value proposition to existing and potential customers
- Build customer loyalty and provide excellent customer service
- Prospect and forecast on a monthly basis
- Sales experience
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Experience in driving new business and managing existing customers
- Experience prospecting new business
- Experience marketing and selling technology products and services to decision makers in a logistical territory
- The ability to generate new business revenues as well as help protect and grow existing clients through the identification and development of new business opportunities
- The ability to manage the entire sales process and sustain business development activities through cold calls, appointments, product demonstrations, proposals and CRM updates.
- Experience with information technology products and services
- Field experience preferred
- IT Re-seller experience
- Previous business to business sales experience is preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Technology or Communications
Primary work location will be out of our Williamsport, MD offices, with the territory covered being the D.C. Metro Area with an emphasis on Frederick and Montgomery Counties, MD; Jefferson County, WV; and Loudoun County, VA.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Advantage Technology must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Advantage Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Salary is dependent on the applicants experience, book value and immediate impact to our business development strategies
Our professionals have decades of real-world, hands-on experience in all forms of technology, and our firm has an emphasis on architecture, data center, cloud computing, network management, software development and cybersecurity. We provide IT services for over 850 professional companies and organizations across the United States and Canada.
Over the years, Advantage has built a solid reputation and core competencies assisting law firms, energy companies, and healthcare organizations, among others, in providing professional information technology services. The organization has grown rapidly over the last four (4) years nearly doubling in size, and recently made the Inc. 5000 list of the fastest-growing private companies in America.
Advantage is not simply an IT infrastructure company, and has assembled a core group of accomplished IT executives with years of experience from a wide range of industries. Having this broad spectrum of capabilities allows Advantage to bring in experts with the proper area of business expertise to assist our customers in their projects. Our people have advanced degrees in business management, electrical and computer engineering and computer science. We pride ourselves in being in-tune with our clients and having the agility to create and mature service offerings, as the market demands.
What that all means to our customers is that Advantage has a team with superior and specialized experience, along with a broad knowledge base to find the exact tech solution that they need.
Our Advantage is Our People.