Information Systems Technician Tier 2 (Field)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Advantage Technologies: Information Systems Technician (Field)
Position Outline: A Field Engineer is the front lines for providing onsite computer network installation, management, and support to our client base. You will be installing servers, workstations, cabling, mounts, backup systems, digital imaging software packages, and the other items necessary for our clients to effectively utilize technology in their business. You will also be responsible for providing field and remote support as needed, working in cooperation with our operations center. You don’t report to an office each day, you work from home for support and go directly to client sites for onsite service. If you enjoy working in different offices and changes in scenery, this is a great opportunity.
About the Company: Advantage Technologies (www.adv-tech.com) is pretty much one of the coolest places to work in the world. We treat our people like partners, and everyone pulls together to build our team. No gossip, no backstabbing. We really care about our people, and it shows. AdvantageTechnologies provides computer hardware, software, security, and networking infrastructure to small business, particularly focusing on professional service organizations (dentists, doctors, engineering companies, insurance agencies, CPA firms, etc). We provide the servers, workstations, cabling, management and integration services to keep our clients serving their clients. We deliver Hassle Free IT.
Key Responsibilities: The Network Engineer works on the regional team serving clients, and plays a critical role. This position is divided into the following key responsibility areas:
- Customer Technical Support – providing remote and onsite support to our existing client base in cooperation with the operations and support center. Assist our operations center with coordinating who on your team to send where as needed.
- Project implementation – once a customer purchases a system, you need to manage the implementation of the project. You need to be technically comfortable with managing server installations, workstation deployments, installation of software and network systems. Additionally, you need to be mechanically inclined. We hang mounts, TV’s, run cabling, install xray machines, and a variety of other mechanical tasks that aren’t considered “classic IT”. If you’re looking to sit in a server room and push buttons, this isn’t for you. If you’re looking to integrate IT into a business and make it look awesome – you could be a fit.
- Assisting the sales team – Everyone on our team helps the sales team by being “on the lookout” for new sales opportunities. Maybe you’re in an office that has hardware that should be refreshed. Maybe you’re onsite at an office that is currently not managed. These are opportunities to make the sales rep in the area aware of, so that they can pursue these clients.
- Be accountable with your time – all time and activities should be clearly logged in our CRM system.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Willingness and ability to travel to different client offices daily
- Understanding of Windows based networks including servers, workstations, and core networking concepts
- Understanding of routers, switches, firewalls, and other basic networking equipment, specifically related to installation and troubleshooting.
- Understanding of printers, scanners, and other standard IT peripherals, specifically related to installation and troubleshooting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain professionalism in challenging situations
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment independently and meet aggressive deadlines
- Ability to work independently, self-starter
- Ability to work with technical teams and internal teams to ensure client success
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Experience with ConnectWise and/or LabTech
Compensation Plan: The position is salary plus benefits, profit sharing, retirement plan, and an expense account. The salary is evaluated each year at your annual review, and there are great growth opportunities with our team. Compensation includes:
- Salary reflective of experience, skillset, and value brought to the organization
- Great growth opportunities based on performance
- Paid holidays and personal time off
- Monthly vehicle allowance
- Monthly cell phone allowance
- Travel expense account including meals, gas, and other travel expenses as needed
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage Available
- Company paid short term and long term disability insurance
- Profit sharing on a monthly basis per company guidelines and an annual bonus plan
- Corporate card for approved expenses including travel
Advancement Opportunity: The Network Engineer is great opening opportunity in the engineering team. The next position would be a Senior Engineer. As the customer base grows, we make it a policy to promote from within, given that individuals have demonstrated the ability to handle that level of leadership.
Employee Supplied Items: You will be responsible for supplying the following:
- Portable computer running Windows 10 or newer, with an i3 or faster processor, 8gb of RAM with a docking solution that allows for dual monitors when working from home, and sufficient battery life for working at client offices.
- Android, iPhone, or Windows phone with adequate voice and data allowances.
- High speed internet connection at your home office.
- A quiet, distraction free home office.
Probationary Period: The first 90 days of employment is considered to be probationary and a training period. The probationary period will be considered complete (possibly ahead of 90 days), if the individual can demonstrate satisfactory results in the key responsibility areas listed above.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,000.00 - $55,000.00 per year
Get fresh Information Systems Technician jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.