- Expired: October 24, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Advantage Tech is hiring! We are looking for a qualified individual to join our client company based in Overland Park.
We’re looking for someone with business savvy as well as technical expertise. Someone who speaks the language of stakeholders and who can translate that vision into detailed business requirements and user stories. Someone who’s as comfortable making a presentation to executives as they are white boarding a technical flow with a group of developers. As a Business Analyst at our client, you will be responsible for more than just documenting requirements. You’re expected to challenge the status quo and help steer the business towards innovative solutions. Our team is driven, passionate, creative, energetic, and fun. We love to challenge each other and ask hard questions, then figure out the answer and solve the problem together.
You will be an important contributor in the realization of our ambitious business objectives to build out a robust cloud-based services platform that makes it easy to integrate carriers, brokers, and third parties that will allow us to deliver a seamless buying experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
• Ability to understand desired future state in context of current business environment.
• Defines incremental steps to achieve desired business results.
• Can create innovative approaches to problems, is comfortable challenging the status quo.
• Experienced with Agile approaches and can decompose complex problems into workable team assignments.
• Ability to learn new systems and concepts quickly, building a strong repertoire of business and technical knowledge.
• Ensure that project team has clear understanding of functional requirements and business expectations.
• Collaborate with creative team and ensure that user experience and visual design align with functional requirements.
• Work with QA to develop testing strategy, identify test cases and participate in UAT.
• Serve as a subject matter expert on the ecommerce solution and platform both for client and for the project team.
• Create training materials for train-the-trainer and end-user training sessions.
• Interacts with project team and management to identify and document benefits, costs, and risks associated with solution alternatives.
• Works to ensure the technical/business design matches the detailed user requirements and system needs.
• Define a process for change management and proactively manage requirement changes.
• Proactively identify risks around requirements and communicate to team leads and PMs.
• Provides second tier application support for end users for a variety of systems.
• Provides consulting, training, reporting and technical support as needed for systems and services.
• Helps to ensure proper communication, process flow, data quality, reliability, integrity and security for automated systems as needed.
• Documents procedures, policies and guidelines to support daily operational processes as needed.
• BS/BA degree preferred
• 1-5 years relevant work experience required.
• Familiar with agile development methodology, including use case scenarios and user stories.
• Strong project management, time management, initiative, and interpersonal skills.
• Experience in articulating and documenting user requirements.
• Experience in planning and performing functional testing.
• Experience with Microsoft Suite including Advanced Excel and Visio.
• Experience with project and collaborations tools such as MS Teams, SharePoint, and Workfront.
• Ability to express complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and written.
• Some off-shift support, and travel may be required
• Experience within the insurance and brokerage industry is a plus.
OTHER SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
• Provides exceptional customer service and adheres to our clients’ philosophies.
• Promotes teamwork and communication between departments and work groups.
• Makes decisions in compliance with established corporate and department standards.
• Maintains awareness of new system procedures, processes, software capabilities and other technological advances with potential impact to the client.
• Attends staff meetings, department meetings and educational workshops.
• Organizes formal presentations to decision-makers.
• Understands when circumstances require persuasion, conciliation, assertiveness, or other approaches and reacts appropriately.
AddressOverland Park, KS
Get fresh Client Analyst jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.