The Retail Specialist
Seasonal is the tactical individual that is responsible for merchandising all client products at retail accounts within their assigned territory.
The Company is one of North America's leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The Company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
The Retail Seasonal Specialist (RSS) is responsible for merchandising all client products at retail accounts within assigned territory to ensure client standards are met and volume is increased.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Meet client and Company objectives by maintaining full distribution on existing SKU's.
- Maintain client objectives by ensuring secondary placements of products are fully stocked, correctly signed, properly faced and set to schematics. Packout of products will be regularly required.
- Achieve business objectives through placement of new items at all assigned stores.
- Increase promotional effectiveness by assisting in building displays and placement of appropriate point of sale material.
- Maintain schematic standards by ensuring all authorized items are in distribution and set to shelf standards.
- Maintain schematic integrity through consistent communication with District Manager and other retail personnel on current retail/store conditions.
- Increase retail effectiveness through maintaining accurate records of all activity (i.e., weekly time sheets, retail blitz forms, expense reports, etc. )
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
This position does not have guidance or mentoring responsibilities for indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
- Travel is not an essential duty and function of this job. Driving is an essential duty or function of this job.
The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
Education Level: (Required): High School Diploma or GED or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience:
- Previous experience in retail, client, customer, or food broker
- Ability to work independently and prioritize duties with minimal supervision, in order to meet deadlines
- Mathematical and analytical ability
- Good physical dexterity
- Good written communication and verbal communication skills
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to handle a fast-paced work environment
- Strong initiative and self-driven
Field / Administrative Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work may be performed in an office, field, retail store, or warehouse environment. Typically requires the ability to spend 66%+ hours each work day doing the following activities: engage in considerable physical activity, ability to lift and/or push up to 50 pounds, stand on feet for long periods of time, use products or cook food as appropriate for the demonstration, and may be required to work in extremely cold conditions (i.e. refrigerated and freezer sections). Also required to travel and drive. The use of proper safety practices when handling the products and/or cooking is essential.
Additional Information Regarding The Company Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one's supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, the Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable federal, state and local laws including Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box) Ordinances. All of our positions require the satisfactory completion of a background check. Please be aware that acknowledging or having criminal convictions does not constitute an automatic bar to employment. Factors including, but not limited to age and time of the offense, seriousness and nature of the violation, and rehabilitation will be taken into account.
Primary Posting Location : Address 90 Pleasant Valley St
Primary Posting Location : City Methuen
Primary Posting Location : State/Province MA
Postal Code 01020
Primary Posting Location : Country US
Requisition ID 2019-224405
Position Type Part Time
Category Sales (Professional)