Full Time Retail Sales Merchandiser
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Retail Sales Merchandiser (RSM) is responsible for servicing and selling to retail accounts within an assigned territory to ensure Client standards are met and volume is increased.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities (Describe the major duties of the job. List the Essential Duties and Responsibilities in order of most time spent to least. To the right under the % column, include the % for each item or group of items that are to total 100%)
Sales and Merchandising
· Maintain Client objectives by ensuring secondary placements of product(s) are fully stocked, correctly signed, properly faced, and set to schematics
- Shelf Standards and Conditions: authorization of items to meet Client shelf schematic standards
- Meet Client and Company objectives by maintaining full distribution on existing SKUs.
- Take direction regarding tagging, rotating, and placing POS materials for products on shelf
- Prepare for and respond to audits
- Manage time and prioritize for store call coverage
- Complete accurate and timely paperwork and reports, recaps, itineraries, timesheets, expense reports, etc.
- May provide feedback for Client audit objectives
· Communicate effectively both internally with ASM management and externally with all customers
· Build rapport with Clients and Customers
- Field questions and proactively develop action plans to resolve issues
- Demonstrates high degree of professionalism in communication, attitude and teamwork with customers, peers and management
- Demonstrates high level of quality work, attendance and appearance
- Adheres to all Company Policies & Procedures and Safety Regulations
- Adheres to local, state and federal laws
- Performs the job safely utilizing proper equipment and safety techniques
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by supervisor related to the position/department
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time.
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
- This position does not have guidance or mentoring responsibilities for indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
- Travel and Driving are essential duties and function of this job
- Travel up to 20%
- Must maintain current and valid driver’s license and valid proof of current insurance.
Minimum Qualifications Minimum Qualifications The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
Education Level: (Required): High School Diploma or GED or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience: Basic knowledge of retail merchandising and/or selling
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
· Aggressive self-starter with a strong bias for action and results orientation
· High sense of urgency; strong drive and passion to win
· Keen attention to detail
· Excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills; position requires daily discussions with customers at all personnel levels.
· Demonstrated time management skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks
- Adaptability to changing demands, priorities, circumstances and directions
- Demonstrate commitment to meet or exceed customers’ expectations
· Ability to work independently, but also successful team building skills
· Demonstrate good judgment and show respect for others
· Works cooperatively with others toward common group objectives, demonstrates respect for the ideas and contributions of other team members, cultivates positive relationships with other associates, and provides assistance and support to others
· Ability to communicate with email and basic internet skills
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Field / Administrative Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work may be performed in an office, field, retail store, or warehouse environment. Typically requires the ability to spend 66%+ hours each work day doing the following activities: engage in considerable physical activity, ability to lift and/or push up to 50 pounds, stand on feet for long periods of time, use products or cook food as appropriate for the demonstration, and may be required to work in extremely cold conditions (i.e. refrigerated and freezer sections). Also required to travel and drive. The use of proper safety practices when handling the products and/or cooking is essential.
Additional Information Regarding ASM Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. ASM reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. ASM shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).
AddressSioux Falls, SD
RetailView all jobs at Advantage Solutions
Get fresh Retail Sales Merchandising jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.