Business Development Manager
At our Company, we grow People, Brands, and Businesses!We are seeking a highly talentedBusiness Development Manager (BDM) is a high visibility position responsible for providing top-notch account management to our best-in-class clients. The BDM will implement business development initiatives, grow and improve client relationship management generate successful sales growth. This Key Account Manager will place a strong emphasis on selling Road Show Events, cold calling, headquarter presentations and overall growth strategies. As part of our winning team, you'll receive top-tier training, competitive base salary, and a comprehensive benefits package all with the opportunity for career growth. So, are you ready to be a key account manager and use your B2B marketing skills to help clients grow?
Take this opportunity to join the Company, North America's leading business solutions provider and build your career working with amazing people in a growing industry! Apply today!
What we offer:
- Full-Time Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life)
- 401(k) with company match
- Training and Career Development
- Generous Paid Time-Off
- Achieve P&L targets; manage the business for each client(s) assigned implement marketing strategies and analyze trends and results to achieve income and expense budget goals.
- Own and drive revenue growth; identify opportunities, utilize forecasting methods and align business unit resources to secure those opportunities.
- Meet and/or exceed Clients' goals for sales, distribution, pricing, shelving, and promotional volume.
- Manage and maximize manufacturer marketing/promotional funds to achieve sales goals while staying within financial guidelines.
- Implement customer headquarter calls and penetrate key positions at retailer department.
- Organize a business unit team to retain and expand upon all client relationships.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years CPG/Retail B2B Sales experience
- Demonstrates commitment to meeting or exceeding customer expectations, effectively solicits and responds to the needs of the customer both external and internal
- Proven track record of B2B sales in the Retail/CPG Space; strong sales presentation, development and closing skills
- Working knowledge of syndicated data forecasts, sets objectives, anticipates, structures tasks and establishes priorities
- Works cooperatively with others toward common group objectives, demonstrates respect for the ideas and contributions of other team members, cultivates positive relationships with other associates, and provides assistance and support to others
The Company is one of North America's leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
The Business Development Manager manages sales programs and strategic planning initiatives within a specific department of the business to ensure sales targets are met. This role may be dedicated to servicing one significant client or responsible for multiple client's goals and encompassing customer relations and implementation.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Revenue Budget Achievement
Achieve P&L targets; manage business for each client(s) assigned Implement marketing strategies and analyze trends and results to achieve department/client income and expense budget goals.
Own and drive revenue growth; identify opportunities and align business unit resources to secure those opportunities.
Client Quota Achievement
Meet and/or exceed Clients' goals for sales, distribution, pricing, shelving, and promotional volume.
Identify and provide services to support the "Customer as Clients" Develop and launch strategies to pursue new opportunities.
Client Key Performance Indicators
Manage and maximize manufacturer marketing/promotional funds to achieve sales goals while staying within financial guidelines.
Identify opportunities and close white space within the market.
Implement customer headquarter calls and penetrate key positions at retailer department.
Organize business unit team to retain and expand upon all client relationships.
Assist team to navigate in the larger company organization to align needed resources and support to ensure specific client and/or customer initiative success.
Facilitate communication, opportunities, challenges, and workflow to other team members and attend all client meetings and reviews.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
This position does not have guidance or mentoring responsibilities for indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
Driving required on an as needed basis.
Travel up to 40%
Education Level: (Required) College degree or equivalent job-related experience.
Field of Study/Area of Experience:
2 - 5 years relative work experience in applicable field.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Proven track record in sales strong sales presentation/development skills.
- Working knowledge of syndicated data forecasts, sets objectives, anticipates, structures tasks and establishes priorities.
- Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects strong sales presentation development skills.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrates commitment to meeting or exceeding customer expectations, effectively solicits and responds to the needs of the customer both external and internal.
- Works cooperatively with others toward common group objectives, demonstrates respect for the ideas and contributions of other team members, cultivates positive relationships with other associates, and provides assistance and support to others.
- Tools/Software Intermediate Microsoft Office Suite skills
- Strong understanding and utilization of proper safety techniques and correct use of equipment when appropriate
- Executes verbal and written business communications, in a manner that effectively achieves business objectives.
Office / Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Typically requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time (66%+ each day), ability to hear the telephone, ability to enter data on a computer and may also require the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
Additional Information Regarding The Company Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one's supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, the Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known