Full Time Retail Merchandising Representative
The Company is searching for a driven and reliable Retail Merchandising Representative. As a member of our top performing team, you will partner with the retail sales teams to build displays for our client’s products in local retail locations. The Merchandiser will ensure that product stock and display quality are consistently maintained over time. The ideal candidate for this opportunity is comfortable working independently and communicating questions and comments to their direct Supervisor.
Take this opportunity to join North America’s leading business solutions provider and help build your career working with amazing people and earning competitive pay! Apply today!
What We Offer:
- Full-Time Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life)
- 401(k) with company match
- Training and Career Development
- Generous Paid Time-Off
What You’ll Do:
- Maintain client standards through merchandising activities.
- Build displays and ensure product is well stocked.
- Develop smart action plans and address concerns of the retail management.
- Solve problems through effective communication.
- Daily administrative tasks, conference calls, and reporting.
- Complete online training to stay up to date on product details
- High school diploma, GED, or at least 6 months sales or merchandising experience
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, elevated sense of urgency, and keen attention to detail
- Passionate with a strong drive for results
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Adaptability to changing demands and client goals
- Strong independent worker, and also act as a member of the larger company team
The Company is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The Company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
A Retail Merchandising Rep (RMR) generates excitement, brand awareness, and increases product sales through training and merchandising. The RMR is responsible for reading all program materials, merchandising products and providing training to retail sales associates.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Store merchandising and maintenance
- Replenish POP, paper, ink, etc.
- Update pricing
- Remove damaged products
- Place in new items
Sales associate training
- Build relationships with key department personnel to message product features and benefits
- Build in-store product knowledge and increase mindshare
- Effectively build brand loyalty and increase "comfort level" of product
- Complete call reports and timesheets
- Conference calls with supervisor/others as needed
- Check voice mails, emails
- Study product materials to develop product knowledge
- Review schedule
- Attend training sessions
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
This position does not have guidance or mentoring responsibilities for indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
- Travel is an essential duty and function of this job. Driving is not an essential duty or function of this job.
- Travel up to 5%
Education Level: (Required): High School Diploma or GED or equivalent experience
(Preferred): Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience:
- Background in retail and Consumer Electronics desired
- Familiarity with imaging solutions and third party labor a plus
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent written communication and verbal communication skills
- Basic computer skills including familiarity with Word, Excel, and Internet usage
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Field / Administrative Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work may be performed in an office, field, retail store, or warehouse environment. Typically requires the ability to spend 66%+ hours each work day doing the following activities: engage in considerable physical activity, ability to lift and/or push up to 50 pounds, stand on feet for long periods of time, use products or cook food as appropriate for the demonstration, and may be required to work in extremely cold conditions (i.e. refrigerated and freezer sections). Also required to travel and drive. The use of proper safety practices when handling the products and/or cooking is essential.
Additional Information Regarding The Company Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, the Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable federal, state and local laws including Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box) Ordinances. All of our positions require the satisfactory completion of a background check. Please be aware that acknowledging or having criminal convictions does not constitute an automatic bar to employment. Factors including, but not limited to age and time of the offense, seriousness and nature of the violation, and rehabilitation will be taken into account.