Director of Operations SAS
The Director of Operations will strategically lead, oversee and execute performance for a segment of the organizations’ area in line with overall strategy and goals. This Director will implement new processes that contribute toward the efficient operation and alignment of the Merchandising and Retail Marketing execution while remaining supportive of innovation and growth of the business. This role will manage the resources required to ensure stakeholder satisfaction and customer retention through the execution of the account’s key strategies. The Director of Operations will be directly involved and drive 4 key areas of the business, which directly tie into their business. Setting Targets, Planning, Execute and Measure.
At SAS Retail Services, we hire talented associates like you and give you the tools and training you need to succeed and advance in your career. As a large growing company with a national and global reach, our company offers you many opportunities to learn new skills and seek higher positions. Apply Today!
What We Offer
- Medical, Dental, Vision after 30 days
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- 401(K) plan
- Generous paid time off
- Paid training and ongoing career development certifications and courses
- Leverages growth with specific services and intelligence the organization needs to build their business, maintain profit margins, and/or be the provider of choice.
- Cultivates operational strategies with the Vice President or Senior Vice President to ensure the organization’s relevance and to position the organizations value as the primary partner for in-store merchandising and event marketing activation.
- Achieves defined revenue and net income objectives through management of account teams, strategy and expense management.
- Drives innovation and identifies and implements solutions to emerging business challenges.
- Managing Execution
- Strategically executes the initiatives of their assigned Retailer and manages overall teams to successfully achieve retail merchandising and event marketing objectives.
- Trains all team members and division management on all KPI’s.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Sales, Marketing or related discipline, preferred or equivalent work experience; Master’s degree a plus.
- 10+ years of related operations or management experience.
- Demonstrated track record of team building in a fast-paced event marketing environment.
- Good grasp of overall supermarket operations - CB Products, Marketing, Retail Merchandising/Ops, Category Management, Space Management and Logistics.
The Company is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
The Director, Operations is responsible for executing overall operational strategy, overseeing the Business Unit P&L and business metrics and driving accountability of back-office teams in support of the Business Unit. The Director, Operations leads performance management, strategic planning, budgeting and forecasting initiatives, in addition to problem solving and process development. Focus on defining measureable results for the organization that enable and support outstanding program execution for our clients. Results will be attained through ensuring alignment between the operational capabilities of the organization with the business performance goals.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Participate and contribute to all growth components of assigned division. This includes but is not limited to merger and acquisitions diligence, business development opportunities, cross team collaboration opportunities and product development. Responsibilities will include research, validation and optimization of operations data from due diligence during M&A, creation of business development materials, identifying opportunities across clients and being involved in the development of new products within the division (project management, design, product testing, etc.). Will aid in managing annual planning cycles and annual planning meeting to align with growth objectives.
Harness the operational capabilities of the organization to drive programs and processes while driving budgetary discipline; lead contract management; establish asset management capabilities within teams; provide monthly support to team through forecast and client invoicing process; act as liaison between division teams and back-office functions (TA, Finance, IS&T, etc.).
Build processes and infrastructure to enable scalable, measureable and profitable growth; set expectations and interface closely with all stakeholders in the division on performance against execution goals; lead, track and manage a monthly performance scorecard for each team. Capture and manage data for teams around forecasting, financials actuals, employee retention, revenue per employee, YOY financials and operational trending and customer satisfaction.
Make adjustments and optimize service quality to maximize our one-to-one consumer interactions; work closely with other business leaders (i.e. Talent Acquisition, Finance, Legal, etc) to maximize processes; identify gaps and best practices in operational support to improve overall performance.
- Hires, retains, trains, coaches, guides, directs, and develops direct reports using company-wide processes, tools and resources
- May delegate work of others and provide guidance, direction and mentoring to indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
- Travel and Driving are not essential duties or functions of this job
Minimum Qualifications: The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
Education Level: (Required): Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
(Preferred): Master's Degree or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience:
• 8+ years of general/leadership experience in an operations environment, including P&L responsibility (budgeting, forecasting, etc.)
• Previous experience managing 10+ direct reports
• Experience working with major retail chains, and/or experience in consumer package goods industry.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
• Expert level influencing skills – ability to manage internal and external boundaries, set expectations, and build alignment at varying management levels/client interface
• Expert level execution skills - ability to coordinate mutually agreed expectations of what is promised to the customer into measureable business results
• Expert level credibility skills – ability to use personal effectiveness to link relationships, processes, and business methodologies with cost-saving activities
• Excellent strategic thinking and process development skills
• Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Must be able to effectively handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously in a highly complex environment
• Team player with good people skills
• Ability to manage and develop a team of 10 or more employees, including direct and indirect reports
Environmental & Physical Requirements:
Office / Sedentary Requirements:
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Typically requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time (66%+ each day), ability to hear the telephone, ability to enter data on a computer and may also require the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
Additional Information Regarding The Company Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the esse...