- Supervise and assist in daily warehouse activities to include, but are not limited to: Filling both external and internal customer orders, insuring accuracy of orders and supporting documents, receiving incoming material and routing to appropriate areas, fulfilling production’s material needs as indicated by the production schedule, insuring inventory transactions are accurately processed, and overseeing cycle counts and reconciliation activities.
- Recommend capital investments involving warehouse space requirements, industrial lift equipment and material handling needs for respective operational areas.
- Ensure all material handling equipment is operating safely and maintain expertise in operation of all material handling equipment available within the warehouse.
- Assess appropriate staffing levels to support the required loading, unloading, movement, and storing of materials.
- Continually drive improvements in warehouse processes using lean manufacturing practices.
- Develop and maintain departmental work instructions for all tasks.
- Establish and adjust work procedures to meet warehouse demands as dictated by the team’s customers.
- Define and track performance metrics for evaluation and control of warehouse activities such as inventory turns, inventory accuracy, and on-time delivery. Implement strategies to continually drive improvements in these key performance metrics.
- Participate in, and lead cross-functional teams.
- Lead annual physical inventory.
- Associates Degree in Business or related field and 3-5 years of Warehouse Management experience.
- Experience with MRP/ERP systems.
- Demonstrated experience with lean manufacturing methodologies a plus.
- Ability to multi-task and deal with deadlines and multiple priorities.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, peers, and senior management with the skills to clearly present recommendations, ideas and summaries to complex issues.
- Analytical skills to interpret and manage a large amount of complex data.
- Ability to develop and implement creative solutions.
- Exhibit good decision making, analytical problem solving, statistical analysis and excellent organizational abilities.
- Communicate effectively, in written and spoken form, and possess excellent interpersonal relationship skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Must have the ability to work independently and take on responsibilities, as well as be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Lift up to 25 pounds.
- Work in conditions below 32 degrees or above 90 degrees on occasion.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
About Advantage Resourcing
Advantage Resourcing makes all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, ancestry, medical condition, age, marital status, national origin, citizen status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran status, denial of medical or family leave, pregnancy or pregnancy disability leave or any other protected group status as defined by federal, state or local law. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application or interviewing process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Advantage Resourcing is an E-verify employer.
Our goal is to deliver quality professional services to our clients, while earning confidence through the proper assignment of people. This alignment of people and companies allows us to create opportunity.
Creating opportunities begins by gaining a complete understanding of what makes each company and candidate unique. This is accomplished by working with and listening to the client team and by conducting thorough interviews and skill evaluations with our candidates. Using this knowledge, Advantage Resourcing is able to provide tailored workforce solutions and qualified Talent that are the right fit for each company.
This is Hire Thinking.