Advantage Resourcing Sterling Heights, MI
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Hourly Rate: Up to $46.64hr depending on experience
- We currently have multiple openings in Sterling Heights, MI for Sr. Technical Writers with Arbortext experience to work on a Military Vehicle Program.
- Creates and revises complex technical documentation to support the marketing, operation, repair, and maintenance of company products.
- Ensures documents conform to company and government standards and specifications and language usage principles.
- Creates and revises technical documentation using state-of-the-art publishing software technology including product descriptions, detailed functional descriptions, operating procedures, fault isolation, maintenance and repair procedures, illustrated parts breakdown (IPB), miscellaneous reports, proposals, marketing literature, or other technical documentation pertaining to company products.
- Ensures compliance with customer requirements, government specifications, engineering standards, and language usage principles.
- Researches and consults with engineering staff on systems and equipment to create and revise technical documentation.
- Analyzes and interprets engineering drawings and other technical data to translate information into technical documentation.
- Evaluates illustrations and graphics to determine how to best utilize them within the documentation.
- Requests the creation of new illustrations/graphics or changes to existing illustrations/graphics.
- Assists in evaluating project requirements by providing time and cost estimates.
- May interface with customers on project content and technical issues.
- Participates in reviews and validation efforts (onsite and offsite) for technical writing assignments.
- Assists with overall design of technical documentation by providing input to format and style.
- May lead small or portions of large technical writing assignments.
- May perform or participate in unit and/or system testing on Interactive Electronic Technical Manuals (IETMs).
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge on industry trends, practices, and applications.
- Maintains a safe work environment and ensures compliance with safety objectives and policies.
- Working knowledge of hydraulics, mechanics, electronics, and system operations to write technical documentation.
- Working knowledge of state-of-the-art publication/page production software and Interactive Electronic Technical Manual (IETM) functionality and development processes.
- Ability to understand complex engineering designs, analyze and interpret engineering drawings and terminology, and translate into understandable language for non-engineers.
- Ability to create and revise complex technical documentation, effectively answer customer questions and concerns related to company equipment and systems, engage in problem solving discussions with cross-functional team members, provide guidance to cross-functional team members, and ensure documentation is produced on time and within budget.
- Ability to concentrate, attention to detail, and command of the English language.
- XML Authoring Tool Experience (e.g. Arbortext Epic Editor and Oxygen software) MS Office Tools/Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint required; Access a plus)
- Adobe Acrobat Professional PDF Software – proficient for use of illustration markups; or use of a similar PDF (electronic) markup tool
- Mechanical/Electrical/Operator Tech Writer Experience/Knowledge Required - preferred in the defense industry Validation/Verification, on-vehicle experience a plus
- Content Management System (CMS) experience a plus
- Customer Interaction/Customer Service skills required (some positions involve direct customer interface representing company)
- Ability to work with a diverse team in several physical locations
- Familiarity with relevant military and commercial standards
- Certain positions may require specialized technical knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant technical discipline; (or) an equivalent combination of education and experience, plus 5 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of IETM (interactive electronic technical manual) functionality, development processes, and markup languages is a plus.
- Military Vehicle or Military Standard experience is a plus.
- Authoring diagnostic troubleshooting experience is a plus·
About Advantage Resourcing
Advantage Resourcing is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Advantage Resourcing is an E-Verify employer. This policy is applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
All employees are directed to familiarize themselves with this policy and to act in accordance with it. All decisions with respect to employment matters and other phases of employer-temporary employee relationships will be in keeping with this policy and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Advantage ResourcingWhy Work Here?
As your job search partner, we can connect you with career opportunities at great companies that match your skill and experience.
Let’s find your next job – together. Whether you’re looking for temporary work or a direct-hire job, Advantage Resourcing will connect you to an opportunity that closely matches your interests and skills. Advantage Resourcing is a proud member of Staffmark Group, an award-winning family of staffing brands with a national network of 450+ offices. We connect over 250,000 people to jobs each year, and we’re ready to put this expertise to work for you! Learn more at www.advantageresourcing.com.
AddressSterling Heights, MI