Job Location: Holston Army Ammunition Plant, Kingsport, TN
Length of Assignment: 1 year+
Hourly Rate: Up to $52.18hr depending on experience
- We currently have multiple openings for Sr. Mechanical Piping Designers to work for one of the world's leading defense contractors and a Fortune 500 Company located at the Holston Army Ammunition Plant in Kingsport, TN.
- The selected Mechanical Piping Designer plays a key role in a cross-functional engineering team supporting plant and modernization projects.
- Develops piping designs utilizing Plant 3D CAD software
- Assists project team in developing bids, proposals, scopes of work, estimates, schedules, material lists, design concepts, design drawings, and other project documentation
- Performs field surveying of existing piping systems for incorporation into design
- Generates equipment arrangements and piping routing from concept flow diagrams, P&IDs, and process specifications
- Maintains project files and documentation
- Certifies accuracy and completeness of all deliverable products and services in assigned areas of responsibility
- Develops project bills of material Develops piping isometrics, equipment arrangements, and piping supports from piping layout drawings
- Writes Work Order and Material Purchase Requests
- Coordinates work with suppliers, subcontractors, fabrication, maintenance and/or construction firms
- Walks-down systems per P&ID’s and makes any as-built changes to drawings
- 3+ years of Plant 3D CAD experience
- 2 + years of Piping design for chemical / petrochemical plants
- 5+ years of experience in piping design with 3+ years in 3D piping design using AutoCAD, Intergraph (MicroStation, PDS, SmartPlant 3D), SolidWorks, etc.
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent team collaboration and team respect
- Strong work ethics and dedication
- Industrial construction / field experience
- High School Diploma / GED and 11 years relevant experience, (or) Associate's Degree and 7 years of experience, (or) Bachelor's degree and 5 years of experience
About Advantage Resourcing
Advantage Resourcing makes all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, ancestry, medical condition, age, marital status, national origin, citizen status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran status, denial of medical or family leave, pregnancy or pregnancy disability leave or any other protected group status as defined by federal, state or local law. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application or interviewing process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Advantage Resourcing is an E-verify employer.
Our goal is to deliver quality professional services to our clients, while earning confidence through the proper assignment of people. This alignment of people and companies allows us to create opportunity.
Creating opportunities begins by gaining a complete understanding of what makes each company and candidate unique. This is accomplished by working with and listening to the client team and by conducting thorough interviews and skill evaluations with our candidates. Using this knowledge, Advantage Resourcing is able to provide tailored workforce solutions and qualified Talent that are the right fit for each company.
This is Hire Thinking.