SR. MECHANICAL ENGINEER – MORGAN HILL, CA
Asa Sr. Mechanical Engineer (ME) within our client's Product Development Group,you will lead design and development efforts in a broad range of areas such asmechatronics, fluidics, thermal control, for life science instrumentation. Projects are typically fast-paced,technically diverse and rely on a close-knit, interdisciplinary team.
· Design and develop mechanical systems and sub-systemsfor life science instrumentation, diagnostic tools, and point-of-care devices;these may include robotics, mechatronics, optical, thermal, fluidic, andmicro-fluidic aspects
· Analyze existing product requirements andspecifications
· Present concepts, designs, and data to internal andexternal customers
· Write test protocols and test reports
· Design and build fixtures, breadboards and prototypesystems and system integration with team members
· Requires a master’s degree in Mechanical Engineeringwith a minimum of 6 years of relevant industry experience in life scienceinstrumentation or diagnostic/medical device development
· Must have experience in at least three of thefollowing areas, preferably in the context of life science/biotech/biomedicaldevice development:
o Design of mechanisms such as drawers, lids, clamps andgrippers that utilize linkages, gears, racks/pinions, slides, bearings,bushings, springs and cams
o Design of motion control systems utilizing stepper andBLDC motors, linear actuators, belt drives and ball-screw drives
o Design of micro-fluidic, fluidic and/or pneumaticsystem designs utilizing pumps, valves, accumulators, regulators, pressuresensors, flow meters and manifolds
o Design of thermal systems utilizing TECs and resistiveheaters and thermistors/thermocouples/RTDs
· Proficiency with SolidWorks for 3D modeling, 2Ddrawings and FEA/CFD simulations
· An understanding of basic design control under ISO9001 and ISO 13485
ADVANTAGE RESOURCING IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
About Advantage Resourcing
Advantage Resourcing is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Advantage Resourcing is an E-Verify employer. This policy is applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
All employees are directed to familiarize themselves with this policy and to act in accordance with it. All decisions with respect to employment matters and other phases of employer-temporary employee relationships will be in keeping with this policy and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Why Work Here?Let’s find your next job – together. Whether you’re looking for temporary work or a direct-hire job, Advantage Resourcing will connect you to an opportunity that closely matches your interests and skills. Advantage Resourcing is a proud member of Staffmark Group, an award-winning family of staffing brands with a national network of 450+ offices. We connect over 250,000 people to jobs each year, and we’re ready to put this expertise to work for you! Learn more at www.advantageresourcing.com.
As your job search partner, we can connect you with career opportunities at great companies that match your skill and experience.