Sr. HR Business Partner NJ
Advantage Resourcing Jamesburg, NJ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The HR Business Partner is responsible for administering PDC Employee Relations ("ER") programs, investigation of employees’ complaints, Workers compensation, Safety, Security and Employee best practices. The role requires an understanding of any relevant State/Federal regulations regarding personnel matters. Monitors MPA policies and regulations and provides support to PDC to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations. This position requires that incumbent must also exhibit ethical behavior as stewards of the organization.
- Investigate employees’ complaints and review PDC management disciplinary Action Notice ("DAN") based on the result of investigation (if required) and monitor federal/state laws/regulations and HR operation standards.
- Partner with PDC managers and employees to resolve employee relations issues through coaching, counseling, investigations and conflict resolution.
- Work closely with ER corporate HQ personnel and Manager to ensure smooth handling of ER related matters
- Co-Manage PDC ER Programs; Listen to VOC of employees and management.
- Administering company- wide safety programs, training, and reinforcing IIPP.
- Coordinate safety training programs.
- Work with PDCs to ensure that safety related matters are addressed timely
- Assist with Safety audits as necessary
- Assist with addressing employee safety concerns
- Assist with responding to general questions in regards to safety/ WC
- Act as liaison between management and HQ team to ensure communication gaps are eliminated
- Understand, monitor, and apply any relevant state/Federal regulations regarding HR, Workers’ compensation, Safety, Security and Employment best practices.
- Work closely with the Safety and Workers’ compensation Supervisor to ensure smooth implementation and handling of Safety/ WC related matters.
- Recruiting –Manage PDC full-time recruitment process (internal and external) following recruiting life cycle.
- Work with PDC management and guide them through best actions to take, keeping in mind EEO laws.
- Handle new hire orientation, resignations, exit interviews, background checks and drug screening.
- Handle audits in relation to hiring practices from government agencies in tandem with HQ HR management.
- Reporting employment and attrition.
- Partner with local agency management to fulfill PDC agency positions, report agency HC.
- HR Knowledge – EEO requirements, compliance with federal and state laws and responding to claims, complaints and hearing requirements.
- Knowledge of labor laws (FMLA, FLSA, ADA, CFRA, DFEH, State Leave laws, and safety requirements (OSHA, HazMat).
- Provide support to PDC and corporate personnel to ensure compliance with company policies, federal and state regulations.
- This position requires ethical behavior as stewards of the organization.
- Travel is required as necessary
- Train PDC management and employees on Workers Compensation, Employee Relation, Security and HR related company policies and procedures.
- Work with all other Human Resources department employees.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Assist management team and employees with strategic planning and problem solving
- Understand and administer State/Federal laws relating to HR, ER, Workers comp, Safety, Security, Recruitment and employee practices
- Investigate employee complaints including but not limited to harassment, discrimination, pay disparagement, etc., and mediate conflict resolution within 48hours.
- Respond and report to US government and internal/external agencies on HR/ER related issue.
- Partner with HQ HR staff to create, revise and/or maintain company-wide employee relation policies.
- Listen to VOC of employees and create, modify and/or administer HR Programs
- Work with all other Human Resources employees to develop overall effective HR/ER/Safety/Recruitment programs.
- Benchmark best/most effective HR/ER processes, procedures and programs to make MPA better
- Utilize Annual employee satisfaction survey, environmental survey and/or audit result to make recommendations for improvement and ensure improvements are implemented
- Training of MPA employees in HR/ER related topics. Work with HR Training Administrator and WC & Safety administrator to identify MPA HR/ER related programs and policies.
- Cross-training with other HR peers
- Participates in new HR process/procedure and program reviews and demonstrations.
- Maintain corporate HR related document and materials (videos, regulations, reference manuals)
- Prepare ad hoc report upon manager and MPA top management’s request.
- Administrator of Employee Relations Program.
- Update and maintain HR Activity report
- No major errors during the review period.
- Keep manager informed of any issues on a timely basis.
- Facilitate corporate training programs, such as Halogen system.
- Coordinate ER training in areas of new hire orientation, progressive discipline and discharge processes.
- Maintain Standard Operation Procedure of Employee Relation Employee Relations programs, investigation of employees’ complaints, progressive discipline and discharge processes, Safety and any other tasks if manager asks in HR/ER area.
- 5+ years
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR or equivalent; combination of work experience and education will be considered
- 5-10 years progressive experience in HR as Generalist or HRBP of Employee Relations Experience in job analysis, Employee Relations and HR consulting.
- Administration of multi-state programs for exempt and non-exempt employees.
- Experience with international knowledge
- PHR Experience Preferred
- Proficient computer skills: e-mail, record keeping, routine database, word processing, spreadsheets
- Define problems, collects data, establishes facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Proven strong analytical and mathematical abilities
- Strong team player/good at working with others
- Customer focused; Operates with high sense of urgency
- Able to effectively manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Open to changing priorities
- Knowledge of the business and organization
- Specific HR knowledge and expertise
- HR Planning & Analysis
- Knowledge of ERISA, COBRA, HIPPA regulation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong presentation, project and organizational skills.
- Self-starter, takes initiative, can research or benchmark to find best practices.
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, HRIS, Budgeting, Payroll systems, SAP, Ability to program spreadsheets, etc.
- Influence and Change Management; guide changes in the organization
- Analytical skills
Advantage Resourcing is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Advantage Resourcing is an E-Verify employer. This policy is applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
All employees are directed to familiarize themselves with this policy and to act in accordance with it. All decisions with respect to employment matters and other phases of employer-temporary employee relationships will be in keeping with this policy and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Advantage ResourcingWhy Work Here?
As your job search partner, we can connect you with career opportunities at great companies that match your skill and experience.
Let’s find your next job – together. Whether you’re looking for temporary work or a direct-hire job, Advantage Resourcing will connect you to an opportunity that closely matches your interests and skills. Advantage Resourcing is a proud member of Staffmark Group, an award-winning family of staffing brands with a national network of 450+ offices. We connect over 250,000 people to jobs each year, and we’re ready to put this expertise to work for you! Learn more at www.advantageresourcing.com.