The Senior Field Engineer will be accountable to the Director of Field Operations and Chief Operating Officer of Transportation and Logistics Company , and will have the following key areas of responsibility:
- Work with Sales and Project Management to clearly define the scope of work
- Work with HW Engineering and Systems Integration to specify the system design
- Create Project Plans for all Field Installations and Service Work
- Communicate with Logistics Manager on procurement to plan for installation timeline
- Improve installation schematics and instructions
- Schedule and assign internal and external field installers for any on-site work
- Manage daily reporting of all completed field work
- Manage client communications and relations as to field work
- Ensure clear and effective training of all client personnel
- Own the highest quality installations and system validations for all equipment
- Ensure the completion of detailed field reports, SOPs, and retrospectives
- Constantly audit exiting hardware devices, wired/wireless communication mechanisms, and integrated designs for reliability, failures, and accuracy
- Escalate commonly shared issues across projects and among field engineers to proper departments
- Provide field expertise to other departments on new product and build change process
- Source the most effective devices with a focus on durability, reliability, and cost
- Design and document integrated systems for internal education and reference, external communication with vendors, vehicle OEMs, client maintenance staff, etc.
- Set up and consistently operate test environments that will ensure effective integrations
- Help streamline the build assembly and ordering process for procurement
- Build production processes and manage production team
- Edit and Improve installation diagrams and instructions for more autonomous 3rd party installer execution and field engineers
- Develop systems to make daily field reports constantly visible to deployment project managers and administrative staff
- Lead installation retrospective with all constituents to prevent repeat issues
- Provide mentorship and technical support to field engineers and field technicians
- Improve general installation processes and instructions
About Advantage Resourcing
Advantage Resourcing is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Advantage Resourcing is an E-Verify employer. This policy is applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
All employees are directed to familiarize themselves with this policy and to act in accordance with it. All decisions with respect to employment matters and other phases of employer-temporary employee relationships will be in keeping with this policy and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Why Work Here?Let’s find your next job – together. Whether you’re looking for temporary work or a direct-hire job, Advantage Resourcing will connect you to an opportunity that closely matches your interests and skills. Advantage Resourcing is a proud member of Staffmark Group, an award-winning family of staffing brands with a national network of 450+ offices. We connect over 250,000 people to jobs each year, and we’re ready to put this expertise to work for you! Learn more at www.advantageresourcing.com.
As your job search partner, we can connect you with career opportunities at great companies that match your skill and experience.