Specialist, Procurement (Buyer III)
Advantage Resourcing Anaheim, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Major functions: 1. Select sources, obtain quotes, negotiate, and procure materials and services awarding based upon company policy.
2. Prepare required paperwork for Purchase Order package, shippers, RFPs/RFQs, supplier and interdepartmental correspondence, etc.
3. Verify accuracy of all documentation including but not limited to supplier proposals to purchase orders, file documentation, invoices and receipts, and sign purchase orders.
4. Interface with both current and potential suppliers in order to (1) determine best price and delivery for current requirements, and (2) remain abreast of economic and business situations relating to procurement activity.
5. Reviews purchase order terms and conditions to comply with Government, customer, and company requirements. Provides management with input towards resolution.
6. Assist other departments by obtaining samples and data for Engineering, Certifications of Inspection, and clarifying paperwork for Receiving, Inspection, and Accounting, etc.
7. Maintain total ownership of suppliers deliveries. Actions taken could include obtaining prints, samples, delivery dates, corrective action, and resolution to discrepant materials. Will likely involve negotiating with supplier when supplier caused rework occurs.
8. Track open purchase order and open requisition backlog reports for all items requiring expedited handling/oversight or at schedule risk.
9. Perform regular follow-up to ensure supplier schedule adherence.
10. Evaluate supplier performance (quality/ delivery), chart monthly performance results, and provide feedback for improvement.
11. Process rejected materials back to supplier within a timely manner of receipt of dispositioned MDR.
12. Interface with Engineering/Planning on Drawing discrepancies, B.O.M., and EOs. Work with Program Managers on problems which affect meeting contract requirements.
13. Travel to suppliers to support source surveillance, assist with negotiations, or attend milestone meetings, as deemed necessary.
14. Implement Supplier Corrective Actions when necessary.
15. Support suppliers in determining appropriate manpower and machine capacity available to support delivery schedule of product and solicit supplier suggestions in process or tooling improvements to assure on time delivery of quality product.
16. Conduct desk audits on a weekly basis to determine if their desk queue is meeting company standards of placing requisitions, updating purchase orders, processing RTVs, MDRs, AVRs and tracking to completion to avoid delivery impact, ensure suppliers are meeting current quality acceptance and on time delivery goals.
17. Develop new vendors and participate with Engineering in the evaluation and selection of alternate source of supply in accordance with Director Materials approval
18. Function as a Subject Matter Expert with regard to particular commodity and associated industry quality standards.
19. Participate on Corporate sponsored teams and take part in Corporate level training, when available.
20. Assist with the supplier management processes and communicate internal customer needs.
21. Assist Material estimating/ Pricing with proposal support, including supplier pricing, analysis, and required FAR documentation, etc.
22. Perform other duties as assigned by Management.
Technical/Functional skills: 1. 6+ years relevant experience in Supply Chain or Procurement Role (military specifications, off the shelf, make to print)
2. Working knowledge of FAR/DFARS Government Procurement regulations
3. Working knowledge of CPSR Government audit requirements
4. Demonstrated ability work in cross functional settings with Engineering, Planning, Programs, and Quality.
5. Advanced knowledge of negotiations, price and or cost analysis, and the development of new suppliers that meet Government Requirements.
6. Demonstrated understanding of Manufacturing Quality Systems.
7. Experience interpreting technical scopes and requisitions to facilitate purchase
8. Willingness/Ability to lead cross-functional projects
9. Willingness/Ability to support and guide professional colleagues on processes and procedures.
10. Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
11. Proven ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
12. Working knowledge of MRP systems
13. Strong PC skills (Microsoft Suite)
Education/Experience/Licenses etc.: Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university and/or 6-10+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Additional education may counted toward required years of related experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from internal or external customers and suppliers. Ability to effectively present information to top management and suppliers.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability for 100% accuracy of all documentation including but not limited to supplier proposals to purchase orders, file documentation, invoices and receipts.
Sitting: Continuous(6-8 hrs daily)
Standing: Infrequent(< 2hrs day)
Walking: Infrequent(< 2hrs day)
Computer and/or keyboard use: Continuous(6-8 hrs daily)
About Advantage Resourcing
Advantage Resourcing is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Advantage Resourcing is an E-Verify employer. This policy is applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
All employees are directed to familiarize themselves with this policy and to act in accordance with it. All decisions with respect to employment matters and other phases of employer-temporary employee relationships will be in keeping with this policy and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Advantage ResourcingWhy Work Here?
As your job search partner, we can connect you with career opportunities at great companies that match your skill and experience.
Let’s find your next job – together. Whether you’re looking for temporary work or a direct-hire job, Advantage Resourcing will connect you to an opportunity that closely matches your interests and skills. Advantage Resourcing is a proud member of Staffmark Group, an award-winning family of staffing brands with a national network of 450+ offices. We connect over 250,000 people to jobs each year, and we’re ready to put this expertise to work for you! Learn more at www.advantageresourcing.com.