One of the world’s leaders in materials science, our client has an opening for a Software engineer to work onsite in Milpitas, CA. While this is a 12+ month contract position it has the potential to extend to 24 months.
Job Description: Seeking a Platform Software Engineer who will be responsible for embedded software development with expertise in silicon-vendor SoCs. Your responsibilities will include design and development of new features and support for new hardware platforms.
• Design, document, implement, and unit-test of drivers and platform software.
• Work closely with hardware team to bring up new boards and platforms.
• Develop boot loaders (uboot), board initialization logic.
• Developing and using hardware abstraction layers and APIs.
• Writing software specifications.
• Work with QA and manufacturing team to help ensure a high-quality product.
• Bachelor’s Degree required (Computer Science, Computer engineering or EE)
• 5+ years of experience with various RTOS (QNX, RT Linux, or VxWorks), including configuring, building and bootstrapping.
• Experience with SoC BSPs (BCOM, QCOM, NXP, etc).
• Expertise with C/C++ language programming.
• Track record of writing portable code (endianness, 32-bit/64-bit, structure alignment, etc).
• Ability to read hardware specifications, hardware schematics, and device datasheets.
• Multi-threading experience and understanding concurrency issues.
• Ability to design, document, and implement software features in embedded networking products.
• Previous experience developing software for embedded networking products.
• Experience with scripting languages, specifically csh, bash, and/or python.
About Advantage Resourcing
Advantage Resourcing makes all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, ancestry, medical condition, age, marital status, national origin, citizen status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran status, denial of medical or family leave, pregnancy or pregnancy disability leave or any other protected group status as defined by federal, state or local law. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application or interviewing process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Advantage Resourcing is an E-verify employer.
Why Work Here?Let’s find your next job – together. Whether you’re looking for temporary work or a direct-hire job, Advantage Resourcing will connect you to an opportunity that closely matches your interests and skills. Advantage Resourcing is a proud member of Staffmark Group, an award-winning family of staffing brands with a national network of 450+ offices. We connect over 250,000 people to jobs each year, and we’re ready to put this expertise to work for you! Learn more at www.advantageresourcing.com.
As your job search partner, we can connect you with career opportunities at great companies that match your skill and experience.