Shipping and Receiving Clerk
Advantage Resourcing North Kingstown, RI
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position Overview: Responsible for accurately picking, scanning and shipping of product.
Major Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Ensures all orders are correctly fulfilled
- Records shipment data and prepares shipping documents as necessary
- Compares identifying information
- Counts, weighs, or measures items for outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records
- Determines method of shipment, utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures
- Examines outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications
- Operates all machinery within the safety guidelines and standard safe work practices
- Loading and unloading trucks as required
- Performs general warehouse duties as assigned
- 2 years of prior shipping/receiving experience, preferably within a manufacturing environment
- Knowledgeable of UPS Worldship/FedEx shipping procedures
- General computer skills required
- Forklift and inventory control experience preferred
- Ability to communicate clearly and work well with others
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma/GED
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, hear, stand and walk. The employee will frequently be required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds using proper lifting techniques. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
About Advantage Resourcing
Advantage Resourcing is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Advantage Resourcing is an E-Verify employer. This policy is applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
All employees are directed to familiarize themselves with this policy and to act in accordance with it. All decisions with respect to employment matters and other phases of employer-temporary employee relationships will be in keeping with this policy and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Advantage ResourcingWhy Work Here?
As your job search partner, we can connect you with career opportunities at great companies that match your skill and experience.
Let’s find your next job – together. Whether you’re looking for temporary work or a direct-hire job, Advantage Resourcing will connect you to an opportunity that closely matches your interests and skills. Advantage Resourcing is a proud member of Staffmark Group, an award-winning family of staffing brands with a national network of 450+ offices. We connect over 250,000 people to jobs each year, and we’re ready to put this expertise to work for you! Learn more at www.advantageresourcing.com.