Full Time Job Opportunity for a Jr./Mid Level Programmer. Candidates should have 3-5 years of hands on experience to be considered.
Technical coding skills with Java, APIs/Web Services, SQL, Mainframe skills ideal.
No sponsorship is available for this position.
The Programmer Analyst designs and develops system solutions to business needs, using tools and techniques. They Analyze, code, design, test, document and support the computer application software systems that are developed and maintained as well as provide interfaces between the client and external vendor partners.
1. Analyze new assignments and design/develops programming requirements and software specifications.
2. Prepare business cases which define potential benefits, options for achieving these benefits through development of new or changed processes, and associated business risks.
3. Prepare effort estimation including researching and estimating costs of software development, unit testing. May provide estimates for upgrades of vendor packages upgrades and integration with existing systems.
4. Lead design of solutions with business analysts, business systems analysts, programmers, solution architects, and other team members.
5. Analyze and verify requirements for completeness, consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility, and conformity to standards.
6. Develop and utilize standard templates to accurately and concisely convey technical design.
7. Program and test all or selected components of complex applications. Integration with packaged solutions as needed.
8. Analyze and resolve test result problems and debugs production issues.
9. Gather, synthesize and update documentation regarding technology processes or systems.
10. Produces deliverables related to the project(s) and/or production support as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Computer application software system design experience.
2. Experience in multi-system environment including both custom developed application and packaged solutions.
3. Ability to work as part of a project team, independently and guide other technical staff.
4. Detail oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
5. Strong oral and written communication skills.
6. Strong interpersonal skills.
7. Ability to prioritize and successfully manage multiple initiatives.
8. Sound judgment in decision making.
System and Technical Knowledge
1. Intermediate to advanced skill level in multiple technical environments and with relevant tools and languages (i.e. Cobol, Assembler, JCL, Java).
2. Technical understanding of the digital platform, cloud applications, web services, server-side components and API’s.
3. Data analysis skills including ability to perform advanced SQL queries.
4. Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, PowerPoint, Visio, and Outlook. Advanced skill in Excel including formulas, pivot tables, vlookup, and macros.
5. Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau a plus.
6. Understanding of REST & SOAP Web Service and how to uses SoapUI, REST API clients is a plus.
7. FireLight software experience would be very nice, a plus to have.
Education: BA or BS in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field.
Experience: 3-5 years of related work experience in systems analysis or programming. Manager prefers someone more junior who is eager to learn and grow in the role and department.
Certification: ITIL Foundation certificate preferred.
Location: Home Office / Main Building in New Haven, CT. Most likely will start working remotely to begin but when we are back in the office this person will be required to be onsite every day.
Work Schedule: M-F, 8 am – 5 pm
About Advantage Resourcing
Advantage Resourcing makes all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, ancestry, medical condition, age, marital status, national origin, citizen status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran status, denial of medical or family leave, pregnancy or pregnancy disability leave or any other protected group status as defined by federal, state or local law. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application or interviewing process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Advantage Resourcing is an E-verify employer.
Why Work Here?Let’s find your next job – together. Whether you’re looking for temporary work or a direct-hire job, Advantage Resourcing will connect you to an opportunity that closely matches your interests and skills. Advantage Resourcing is a proud member of Staffmark Group, an award-winning family of staffing brands with a national network of 450+ offices. We connect over 250,000 people to jobs each year, and we’re ready to put this expertise to work for you! Learn more at www.advantageresourcing.com.
As your job search partner, we can connect you with career opportunities at great companies that match your skill and experience.