Advantage Resourcing Sunnyvale, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Advantage Resourcing is seeking a PostgreSQL DBA. This is a position with Advantage Resourcing (we cannot accept resumes from recruiters or agencies). We offer benefits for purchase that include: Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance as well as a 401k plan. Please send resume to Pete.Barbour@advantageresourcing.com
Title: PostgreSQL DBA
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Position Type: Contract
Job Description: The PostgreSQL Database Administrator is a key role for an individual who is both collaborative and can work hands-on in our large database infrastructure. Managing a mix of both physical and cloud-based database servers, the Database Administrator is responsible for the care, feeding, and uptime of mission-critical infrastructure. Experience in Tableau Reporting and working knowledge in SQL Server & Mongo. Designs, builds and oversees the deployment and operation of technology architecture, solutions and software to capture, manage, store and utilize structured and unstructured data from internal and external sources. Establishes and builds processes and structures based on business and technical requirements to channel data from multiple inputs, route appropriately and store using any combination of distributed (cloud) structures, local databases, and other applicable storage forms as required. Develops technical tools and programming that leverage artificial intelligence, machine learning and big-data techniques to cleanse, organize and transform data and to maintain, defend and update data structures and integrity on an automated basis. Creates and establishes design standards and assurance processes for software, systems and applications development to ensure compatibility and operability of data connections, flows and storage requirements. Reviews internal and external business and product requirements for data operations and activity and suggests changes and upgrades to systems and storage to accommodate ongoing needs.
• Responsible for implementing, managing, and tuning high-availability 24x7 PostgreSQL, Mongo and Other databases.
• Establish policies and procedures pertaining to data management, security, maintenance and utilization.
• Develop, manage, and test database backup & recovery strategies, verifying data integrity.
• Perform database installations, configurations, upgrades, and migrations.
• Proactively monitor and tune for performance.
• Responsible for capacity planning and recommending paths to account for application growth that are in line with industry best practices.
• Consult with development and architecture teams to help meet continued application growth.
• Define and implement database schema and configurations working with our development teams.
• Create and maintain documentation of procedures, schemas and guides for troubleshooting database systems.
• Perform review of schema, stored procedures, and other changes to the database DDL.
• Audit for data integrity and consistency across systems.
• Work with data-warehousing and Business Intelligence tools like Tableau.
• M.S. in Computer Science, Software/Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Electronics, Data Management or Applied Math with minimum of 5 years industry experience or B.S. degree with minimum (8) years industry experience
• 6+ years of experience working in Database Administration
• Experience working in PostgreSQL Database Administration
• In-depth understanding of relational and dimensional database theory and concepts.
• Strong experience working with relational SQL ( Microsoft SQL , MySQL, Postgres, Snowflake etc.), NoSQL ( MongoDB, Elasticsearch etc.) and Timeseries ( Druid, Influx etc.) databases
• Significant practical hands-on experience with database administration, backup and recovery, database replication, hot stand-by, clustering, and table partitioning, performance tuning and high-availability solutions
• Detailed understanding of Postgres database server architecture, concepts, features, and high-availability technologies.
• Expert knowledge of PL/PgSQL, triggers, and stored procedure development and optimization in PostgreSQL
• High-level of proficiency with PostgreSQL in a Linux environment
• Strong experience of shell scripting and writing applications in Python.
• Previous experience with PostgreSQL in the cloud, including Amazon RDS is a plus.
• Working knowledge of Configuration Management systems such as Chef, Ansible, or Puppet.
• Working knowledge of Docker and previous production experience with PostgreSQL or other databases in a Dockerized environment a plus.
• Understanding of security - SAML, OAUTH, Kerberos, JWT Token, SSO
• Experience working with Windows and Linux OS with system resource monitoring and tuning.
• Ability to handle stressful problems and solve complex problems under pressure
• Ability to communicate effectively with others, both in oral and written communication
• Excellent planning, problem solving, organization and project management skills
Adv. Ref.#: 1242049
About Advantage Resourcing
Advantage Resourcing is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Advantage Resourcing is an E-Verify employer. This policy is applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
All employees are directed to familiarize themselves with this policy and to act in accordance with it. All decisions with respect to employment matters and other phases of employer-temporary employee relationships will be in keeping with this policy and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Advantage ResourcingWhy Work Here?
As your job search partner, we can connect you with career opportunities at great companies that match your skill and experience.
Let’s find your next job – together. Whether you’re looking for temporary work or a direct-hire job, Advantage Resourcing will connect you to an opportunity that closely matches your interests and skills. Advantage Resourcing is a proud member of Staffmark Group, an award-winning family of staffing brands with a national network of 450+ offices. We connect over 250,000 people to jobs each year, and we’re ready to put this expertise to work for you! Learn more at www.advantageresourcing.com.