Job Title :Network Engineer
Duration: 6-12+ Months
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Primary Function of Position:
This position has responsibility for the deployment, support and upgrade of production local area, wide area network, and Data Center infrastructure in Sunnyvale locations and other worldwide locations. This position will review, plan, and evaluate network systems, may troubleshoot network systems and recommend improvements to the network. Data Center and remote office focus is a plus.
Roles and Responsibilities:
This position has responsibility and authority for:
• Network architecture design and continuing improvement, installation and software version control/revision on all network equipment.
• Install, configure and maintain Cisco networking hardware such as IOS, NXOS based Catalyst and Nexus Switches, Wireless Access Points, Cisco, Juniper routers, Cisco and Juniper Firewall, Cisco IPSec VPN and Juniper SSL VPN, Cisco FCoE, and Cisco and Palo Alto IDS/IPS etc. Ensure high availability, reliability, and optimal performance of network systems and services.
• Monitor performance and provide capacity analysis/planning and be able to be part of a 24x7x365 on call rotation.
• Evaluate new technologies and support decision-making process and long-term technical direction.
• Provide project and vendor management as needed.
Competency Requirements: (Competency is based on: education, training, skills and experience.) In order to adequately perform the responsibilities of this position the individual must:
• Experience and understanding of the following Data Center technologies is a must: Cisco Nexus data center architecture, Cisco FCoE, Cisco Fiber Interconnect, Cisco Unified Computing, Cisco ASA firewall and Firepower, and Cisco Routers with MPLS and private lines
• Extensive experience on layer 2 protocols like STP, VTP, VLANs, and Cisco Nexus series. Routing protocols like OSPF, BGP and EIGRP, security protocols SSL, VPN and IPSec/NAT is required.
• Extensive experience managing VPN using IPsec & GRE to configure and troubleshoot VPN backup. Security protocols SSL, VPN and IPSec/NAT is required.
• Understanding and hands on experience with QoS, multicast, and NAC is a plus
• Hands on experience with Riverbed Steelhead and SteelFusion
• Experience with Cisco Call Manager, Contact Center and Unity Connection is a plus
• Provides mentorship to entry/junior level team members.
• Minimum of 5 year hands on experience in network engineering is required.
• Strong ability to identify, determine and document customer requirements
• Solid written and verbal communication proficiencies, quick learning abilities and self-motivated team player.
• Advanced knowledge of TCP/IP and IPv4
• Layer 2 Technology, STP, VTP, Layer 2 VLAN, IGMP, Etherchannel, VSS, 802.1q trunking
• LAN Switching and WLAN
• Layer 3 Technology, OSFP, BGP, EIGRP, QoS, VRF, HSRP/GLBP, NAC, and multicast
• Wireless Technology, Exterprise 802.11 wireless, CAPWAP, FlexConnect
• Security Technology, IPSEC VPN, SSL VPN, TACACS, NAT
• WAN Technologies, Dedicated Circuit, Layer2 / Layer3 MPLS, WAN Optimization, SD-WAN
• Good communication and documentation skills
• B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent. Cisco CCNP or CCIE certification is a big plus.
About Advantage Resourcing
Advantage Resourcing makes all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, ancestry, medical condition, age, marital status, national origin, citizen status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran status, denial of medical or family leave, pregnancy or pregnancy disability leave or any other protected group status as defined by federal, state or local law. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application or interviewing process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Advantage Resourcing is an E-verify employer.