Job Location: York, PA
Hourly Rate: Up to $40.29hr depending on experience
- We currently have an opening in York, PA for a Mechanical NX 11 Designer to work on a Military Vehicle program.
- Creates innovative and practical mechanical and electromechanical concepts and designs for components, assemblies, tools, and products of varying complexity.
- Works closely with engineering, vendors, manufacturing, quality, and customers on design specifications.
- Ensures designs are free of layout process defects.
- May assist engineers with defining design standards and configurations.
- Applies Computer Aided Design (CAD-UG NX11) methodologies, theories, and techniques.
- Reviews various completed engineering documents to ensure compliance with engineering and military standards, procedures, specifications, and accuracy of calculations and dimensions.
- Provides expert technical consultation to the division and customer community relative to comprehensive and in-depth knowledge of design.
- Develops innovative concepts that satisfy functional and operational requirements for existing product lines and new product development programs by utilizing sound design principles and practices.
- Prepares moderately complex design layouts, schematics or sketches (including test plans, procedures, or specifications) of component(s) or a portion of a functional system to satisfy system and integration requirements within cost and producibility constraints.
- Prepares drawing packages to military or equivalent ASME standards.
- Checks completed layouts, drawings, test plans, test reports, procedures, and change history documentation (e.g., engineering change notices) for clarity, completeness, conformance to engineering, military, and industrial standards, procedures, specifications, and codes, and ensures accuracy of calculations and dimensions.
- Evaluates completed drawings, specifications, and procedures for producibility and viability of design, appropriateness of tolerances, fits, finishes, materials, and validates integration of equipment.
- Performs and documents technical calculations such as design evaluations, tolerance studies, mass and section properties, static and dynamic loading.
- Identifies assembly interference, design errors, omissions and other deficiencies, and recommends revisions and/or improvements in design.
- Interfaces with various internal customers to solve moderately complex technical problems.
- May interface with external customers to solve moderately complex technical problems.
- High School Diploma or GED; Associates degree is a plus.
- Must be skilled in the creation of model centric models and drawings utilizing UG NX11.
- Experience with relevant applications in a defense environment is a plus but not required.
- Creo 4 is a plus but not required
About Advantage Resourcing
Advantage Resourcing is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Advantage Resourcing is an E-Verify employer. This policy is applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
All employees are directed to familiarize themselves with this policy and to act in accordance with it. All decisions with respect to employment matters and other phases of employer-temporary employee relationships will be in keeping with this policy and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Why Work Here?Let’s find your next job – together. Whether you’re looking for temporary work or a direct-hire job, Advantage Resourcing will connect you to an opportunity that closely matches your interests and skills. Advantage Resourcing is a proud member of Staffmark Group, an award-winning family of staffing brands with a national network of 450+ offices. We connect over 250,000 people to jobs each year, and we’re ready to put this expertise to work for you! Learn more at www.advantageresourcing.com.
As your job search partner, we can connect you with career opportunities at great companies that match your skill and experience.