Manufacturing Shift Lead 2nd shift
Advantage Resourcing Putnam, CT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Pay: $18.00 per hour
Under the direction of the Production Manager, the Production Lead is responsible for directing; safety, quality, productivity, material handling, employee relations and resource allocation for the shift. The objective of the position is to serve as the shift supervisor responsible for the safe process of manufacturing quality products at the lowest possible cost. The Production Lead will exercise judgment when abnormal instances occur.
- ¨ Ensure the safety of all employees on the shift. Support the focus on safety to prevent injury
- ¨ Ensure compliance with federal, state, local, and Sonoco regulations
- ¨ Any observations of violations are required to be reported even if coaching was conducted to ensure trends are documented
- ¨ Serves as role model for others by demonstrating best practices, appropriate/professional behavior, and compliance to Sonoco policies
- ¨ Conducts shift kick-off meetings, daily safety observations, hourly production monitoring, 5S audits, employee written reviews, shift handoff walkthroughs, shift reports, and other documentation as required
- ¨ Coordinates production requirements with other shifts and departments, determines OT need, schedules employees, and tracks performance and drives continuous improvement
- ¨ Coordinate and conduct the training, directing, and mentoring of a diverse group of employees
- ¨ Develop and lead continuous improvement initiatives on the shift such as 5S, lean manufacturing, etc
- ¨ Develop, lead, and sustain quality initiatives to ensure product meets or exceeds customer expectations
- ¨ Build productive employee relationships, which drive employee satisfaction
- ¨ Provide direction, training, and assistance as needed
- ¨ Monitors and addresses employees performance
- ¨ Provide coaching as needed and document employee issues and feedback
- ¨ Communicate with the Plant Manager any safety, production, or performance issues that arise
- ¨ Acts as the owner for all safety, production, quality and employee relations issues on the shift
- ¨ Serves as the shift contact person to assist others in resolving all work related issues
- ¨ Serve as the shift contact person who notifies management when incidents occur or emergencies occur
- ¨ Takes direction and priorities Production Manager
- ¨ Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- ¨ Ability to speak, write and understand English
- ¨ Ability to lead others
- ¨ Ability to work well with others
- ¨ Ability to resolve conflict between employees quickly and effectively
- ¨ Ability to lead meetings
- ¨ A high level of team and project involvement
- ¨ Strong interpersonal skills
- ¨ Ability to troubleshoot and multi task
- ¨ High school graduate
- ¨ 2 years experience shift leader or similar leadership position preferred
- ¨ Lean training or continuous improvement process experience; green or black belt certification preferred
- ¨ Proficient in Microsoft Office products and familiar with inventory management systems
SPECIFIC AREAS BEYOND A SHIFT LEAD AUTHORITY
- Disciplinary Action (exception- may send an employee home for a violation pending a review by management. Proper management notification and documentation will be required)
- Hiring or Terminating (Recommendations will be sought for both cases)
- Performance Appraisals- beyond new employee 30-60-90 day feedback process
- Pay Increases
About Advantage Resourcing
Advantage Resourcing is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Advantage Resourcing is an E-Verify employer. This policy is applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
All employees are directed to familiarize themselves with this policy and to act in accordance with it. All decisions with respect to employment matters and other phases of employer-temporary employee relationships will be in keeping with this policy and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Advantage ResourcingWhy Work Here?
As your job search partner, we can connect you with career opportunities at great companies that match your skill and experience.
Let’s find your next job – together. Whether you’re looking for temporary work or a direct-hire job, Advantage Resourcing will connect you to an opportunity that closely matches your interests and skills. Advantage Resourcing is a proud member of Staffmark Group, an award-winning family of staffing brands with a national network of 450+ offices. We connect over 250,000 people to jobs each year, and we’re ready to put this expertise to work for you! Learn more at www.advantageresourcing.com.