TheMaintenance Technician will be a critical contributor in a mission that trulyrepresents an once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to join a company that ismaking significant investments in establishing US manufacturing,expanding internationally, and delivering a consistent cadence of productinnovations to the market and investing in its people.
The successful candidate will be responsible for bringing to lifeassembly and process equipment for the startup of new Manufacturing Operationsin Acton, MA. The role will then transition to direct engineering andmaintenance of equipment in Acton, MA with accountability to ensure a highlevel of machine uptime and minimal production scrap on complex discretecomponent assembly equipment.
Thisindividual will be responsible for the installation, troubleshooting,maintenance, and improvement of process equipment. They will also be trainedand cross-trained to repair, maintain and improve the reliability of variousstations including: lasers, optical gaging devices, continuity testing,inspection, etc. Maintenance technicians must be quality-conscious,aggressively self-directed, motivated team players, and willing trainers—eagerto gain and share new knowledge.
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical and mechanical systems on equipment.
- Perform various equipment preventive maintenance tasks (i.e., cleaning, inspection, and lubrication) as necessary.
- Thoroughly document maintenance activity using the maintenance database, adequately communicate maintenance issues to appropriate employees (e.g., other maintenance techs, operators, engineers, supervisors, etc.)
- Interface directly with manufacturing and corporate representatives to help create and execute preventative maintenance schedules.
- Interface directly with manufacturing and corporate representatives to help resolve complex quality, process, or safety defects.
· Troubleshoot and identify potentialdecision or solutions for mechanical errors, safety issues or general operatinginefficiencies with assembly production processes.
· Organize, report, and presenttechnical work to various levels within the organization.
- Create and train standard operating procedures for the setup and maintenance of assembly equipment.
- Champion process improvement in assigned areas though rigorous data analysis (MTBF, Corrective Maintenance, sources of waste, etc.) and root cause analysis.
- Assist in day-to-day support of operators, adjustments, setups, and change over
- Responsible to report safety, quality, and regulatory compliance concerns to leadership.
· This is a hands-on role, requiringthe candidate to take on project work assigned as an individual contributor, oras a participant on cross functional teams, as well as be able to utilize toolsto inspect, repair and maintain equipment.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- At least 3 years of direct experience in working with, assembling, debugging and optimizing automated assembly equipment. Application of in depth technical knowledge in the areas of assembly processes and techniques.
- Knowledge of piece part tolerances, inspection processes and impacts to fit and function of assemblies and equipment.
· Strong written and verbal Englishcommunication skills, and strong presentation skills.
- Follows all policies, procedures, ergonomic standards and safety requirements directed by the department.
PreferredSkills and Competencies:
- Engineering Technician Diploma or Associates Degree.
- Familiarity with specific manufacturing processes such as mechanical swaging, ultrasonic welding, heat staking, laser welding, fluid delivery, electronic controls, PCBA & functionality testing, metal forming, plating, plastic molding and precise component assembly.
- Technical knowledge of cam driven linkages, discrete component assembly and automation
- Knowledge and experience with processes such as laser welding, heat staking, and ultrasonic welding.
- Sound hands-on technical ability with assembly methodologies including locational methods, setup at assembly, pneumatic actuators, servo motors, limit switches, robotics, steels, plastics, belting methods etc.
- Familiarity with HMI’s / GUI’s (Machine user interfaces) and working in a clean room environment
- Knowledge and experience with post-implementation continuous improvement efforts and methodology
- Experience in a start-up production environment