Advantage Resourcing Newington, NH
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
A Maintenance Mechanic III is responsible for the installation, troubleshooting and repair of mechanical equipment throughout the facility. All tasks must be performed safely, in accordance with training, instructions and guidance from the maintenance supervisor or designee. This position performs duties with minimal supervision.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (*Indicates an Essential Function)
- *Installs, troubleshoots and repairs mechanical equipment throughout the facility in a timely manner, incorporating skills such as rigging, aligning, leveling and fastening.
- *Responds to manufacturing problems, diagnoses issue and leads required repairs and requested improvements.
- *Takes on projects from manufacturing personnel, engineers and department supervision and develops and implements requested task.
- *Continuous thought, and action, in performance of tasks to provide a result exceeding the expectations of the customer.
- *Uses multiple trade experience including pneumatics, hydraulics, fabrication, welding and soldering, pipefitting and pumps, machining, measurement, mechanical assembly, and lubrication in performance of installations, repairs and improvement projects.
- *Accurately follows complicated assembly drawings and blueprints as well as manuals and work instructions.
· *Safely operates various hand and power tools and powered industrial equipment such as fork lifts, aerial lifts, and pallet jacks.
· *Properly completes documentation pertaining to duties both on paper and in a variety of computer systems.
- *Participates in Department development of improvements to manufacturing equipment (reliability) and safety initiatives.
- *Takes on projects, using individual skills and co-workers’ talents and strengths to implement them in a professional manner. Identifies and uses expertise of appropriate co-workers to assist in development and implementation of difficult projects.
- Works as a team player to facilitate the objectives of the Maintenance Department.
· Follows verbal and written instruction and is accountable for his/her actions.
- Follows safety guidelines (PPE, etc.) and demonstrates safe work practices. Ability to perform tasks in a safe manner, following plant safety rules, including Lockout/Tagout.
· Adheres to the safety and quality standards (goals and metrics) of the organization while working within a team environment.
· Accepts increased responsibility and is accountable for his/her actions.
· Promotes job and process improvement as it relates to the department.
· Responds to multiple assignments in a timely and efficient manner.
· Overtime may be required, based on business need; regular attendance required.
· Other duties as assigned.
· High school diploma or equivalency required, completion of related trade school or apprenticeship program strongly preferred.
- Two or more years of industrial experience required, including a variety of the following skills: mechanical repair and assembly, hydraulics, pneumatics, welding, fabrication, plumbing and pump systems, calibration, rigging, machining, measurement tool usage, etc.
- Strong, broad based, mechanical aptitude and capabilities.
- Strong experience in piping installation and repair with desired extensive experience on steam and condensate systems.
- Must supply own tools per the provided tool list.
· Ability to work with minimal supervision; self-directed with high level of initiative and strong work ethic required.
· Must be able to pass a written, job related test.
- Ability to read and understand maintenance manuals, work instructions and blueprints.
· Possess the ability to react to changes of responsibility throughout the day. Must have the flexibility to respond to multiple assignments.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written and oral instructions.
· Math skills to include addition, subtraction, multiplication and division in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent.
- Must be willing to work on whatever shift they are needed, including nights and weekends.
· Ability to speak, read and write English fluently.
- Computer skills, including familiarization with Microsoft Office, is strongly preferred.
Ability to pass a “Fit for Duty” physical exam exam and Drug & Alcohol Screening. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
About Advantage Resourcing
Advantage Resourcing is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Advantage Resourcing is an E-Verify employer. This policy is applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
All employees are directed to familiarize themselves with this policy and to act in accordance with it. All decisions with respect to employment matters and other phases of employer-temporary employee relationships will be in keeping with this policy and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Advantage ResourcingWhy Work Here?
As your job search partner, we can connect you with career opportunities at great companies that match your skill and experience.
Let’s find your next job – together. Whether you’re looking for temporary work or a direct-hire job, Advantage Resourcing will connect you to an opportunity that closely matches your interests and skills. Advantage Resourcing is a proud member of Staffmark Group, an award-winning family of staffing brands with a national network of 450+ offices. We connect over 250,000 people to jobs each year, and we’re ready to put this expertise to work for you! Learn more at www.advantageresourcing.com.