Jr Cost Accountant
Advantage Resourcing Columbia, MD
- Expired: 26 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Areas of responsibility include general accounting, account analysis and reconciliation, capital expenditures and fixed assets.
PAY: 22.00 – 24.00 1-2 years Exp / 25.00 – 27.00 5 + years Exp
Location: Columbia, MD (On-site)
Industry: DOD/Defense/Military Intelligence/TRADOC/GAAP
BS Degree in Accounting/Finance
Knowledge of Costpoint software
• Accounts Receivable – prepare customer invoices, work with programs and contracts on billing and collection issues
• Inventory – work with programs, material management and purchasing to ensure GAAP compliance, reconciliation with stock status, cycle count and financial support on inventory related issues
• Capital Expenditures – assist in creating annual capital expenditure budget, set up new capital projects in Costpoint, capitalize completed CIP, create entries for disposal of fixed assets, depreciate fixed assets using FAS, create fixed asset reports using Crystal Writer and maintain both book and tax depreciation records
• Insurance – maintain insurance portfolio, prepare required compliance reports and annual renewal information schedules, assist with claim resolution, rich assessment requirements and maintain premium payment and insurance expense reporting
• Develop or maintain budgeting databases
• Use accounting or bookkeeping software including Costpoint
• Use spreadsheet software including Excel
• Note discrepancies in financial records
• Verify bank or financial transactions
• Obtain financial information from individuals
• Inspect account books or system for efficiency, effectiveness, or acceptability
• Analyze budgets
• Analyze financial data
• Analyze financial information to project future revenues or expense
• Conduct financial investigations
• Determine tax liability according to prescribed laws
• Evaluate degree of financial risk
• Make revenue forecasts / Perform general financial analysis
About Advantage Resourcing
Advantage Resourcing is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Advantage Resourcing is an E-Verify employer. This policy is applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
All employees are directed to familiarize themselves with this policy and to act in accordance with it. All decisions with respect to employment matters and other phases of employer-temporary employee relationships will be in keeping with this policy and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Advantage ResourcingWhy Work Here?
As your job search partner, we can connect you with career opportunities at great companies that match your skill and experience.
Let’s find your next job – together. Whether you’re looking for temporary work or a direct-hire job, Advantage Resourcing will connect you to an opportunity that closely matches your interests and skills. Advantage Resourcing is a proud member of Staffmark Group, an award-winning family of staffing brands with a national network of 450+ offices. We connect over 250,000 people to jobs each year, and we’re ready to put this expertise to work for you! Learn more at www.advantageresourcing.com.
Finance and Insurance