Japanese Bilingual Customer Service Representative, Airline
LanguageSkill Required: Japanese - Proficient
WorkConditions: Full-time position, non-exempt
WorkHours (Full-time): First 3- 6 months - 8 hours shifts between 9:00 am to 5:00pm, including weekends and holidays
After6 months - 8 hours shifts between 4:30 am to 6:00 pm, including weekends andholidays
WorkLocation: El Segundo, CA
Aglobal leading airline company in El Segundo,CA is looking for an AirlineCustomer Service Representative.
This position is responsible for assisting the airline customersby answering incoming calls to the American Region Call Center in Japanese.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to, handling customers’inquiries with the highest level of hospitality and professionalism, making newreservations, and changing existing reservations using the computerizedreservation system.
EssentialDuties include but not are limited to (Not Official: Please ask for moredetails during the interview):
• Perform Customer Service Functions by planning routes, ensuring seatavailability, quoting fares, making reservations, by handling specialarrangements, and ensuring flight confirmation;
• Perform General Administrative Functions by covering for other Staff as needed;by creating correspondence; by preparing reports as necessary; by filing andmaintaining documents accurately; and by performing any other administrativefunctions as directed by Supervisors and Managers.
• Promote Customer/Vendor Relation by exchanging information regularly in personby telephone, fax, and e-mail; by responding promptly to all inquiries andconcerns; and by following up on correspondence to ensure that questions andconcerns are answered and customers are satisfied.
• Keep Management Informed by observing and analyzing issues relating to customerrelations and all aspects of ground operations and by creating reports on theseissues; and by reporting problems immediately to Management verbally or inwriting in order to avoid confusion and problems.
• Available to work weekends, holidays, and early mornings
• Strong interpersonal communication skills
• Fluent in Japanese, both verbal and written
• Proficient in MS office products such as Outlook, Word, & Excel
• High School Diploma/GED
• Must be authorized to work in the U.S
• Prior experience in airline reservations• Experienceusing the Altea Reservation system