JOB TITLE: Japanese Bilingual Administrative Assistant
EXEMPT/NON-EXEMPT: Non-Exempt, Long-term Temp
LOCATION: Mountain View, CA
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: None
WORKING HOURS: 10am-3pm (3 days a week) – can be negotiable
A research institute of AI (Artificial Intelligence) and Machine Learning is looking for a Japanese bilingual Administrative Assistant.
This position is responsible for providing administrative and clerical support to managers, other employees, and office visitors by handling a variety of tasks in order to ensure that all interactions between the organization and others are positive and productive.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO: (Not Official: Please ask for more details during your interview):
• Handling office tasks, such as filing, generating reports and presentations, setting up for meetings, and reordering supplies.
• Providing real-time scheduling support by booking appointments and preventing conflicts.
• Making travel arrangements, such as booking flights, cars, and making hotel and restaurant reservations.
• Screening phone calls and routing callers to the appropriate party.
• Using computers to generate reports, transcribe minutes from meetings, create presentations, and conduct research.
• Greeting and assisting visitors.
• Maintaining polite and professional communication via phone, e-mail, and mail.
• Anticipating the needs of others in order to ensure their seamless and positive experience.
• Acting as liaison and communication bridge between the U.S. office and Japan.
• Supporting Japanese expatriates or visitors in translation, arrangement of hotels, travel methods, etc.
• Assisting in planning offsite corporate events and company events such as happy hours and managing RSVPs.
• Distributing and inviting guests to the events, promote the attendance, and helping the clean-ups after events.
• Monitoring and maintaining office supplies; orders replacement supplies as needed.
• Communicating with the building management office for repair or maintenance requests.
• Other duties as assigned by the management team.
Japanese and English Bilingual Skills strongly preferred
Minimum of one (1) years’ experience in administrative roles preferred
Proficiency in PC skills and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Attention to detail.
Desire to be proactive and create a positive experience for others.