- The OEM Exterior Lighting Applications Engineer role spans a variety of engineering fields including mechanical, electrical, software, and optics.
- This position involves responsibilities including definition of requirements, product design, tooling, validation testing, and launching in an assembly plant during the development of Exterior Lighting products throughout a vehicle’s lifecycle.
- This role requires an engineer to lead and drive a cross functional team that includes lighting suppliers, optics, software, studio, purchasing, manufacturing, and quality functions.
- Our ideal candidate desires to build their career as an engineer within exterior lighting.
- This candidate must demonstrate clear communication and project management skills and is a passionate, hard-working person who enjoys taking on challenges and following through with robust solutions.
- Systems Engineering for Exterior Lighting
- Generate and execute technical solutions for Exterior Lighting components to support new vehicle programs
- Perform complex engineering evaluation analysis
- Work cross-functionally to implement cost savings, product improvements, and to support prototype and production build activities
- Balance attributes such as cost, weight, complexity, and timing
- Production release of Exterior Lighting systems, subsystems, components, and features
- Communicate information to and from internal and external organizations
- Lead team meetings (suppliers, designers, engineers, manufacturing, supplier quality, etc.)
- Travel as required (including international)
- Familiarity with the engineering design of exterior lighting components
- Familiarity with Design For Six Sigma process
- Experience with DFMEA (Design Failure Mode and Effect Analysis), GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing), and ISO standards
- Knowledge of plastic materials, plastic injection molding, optics, basic electrical/electronic circuitry, software, lamp manufacturing processes, tooling, fixture design and product validation
- Knowledge of global lighting regulations
3+ months of related lighting applications and/or automotive experience (inclusive of professional, co-op, and internship positions).
Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Optical, or Software Engineering
- Master’s Degree or other Advanced Degree