The employee will report into the Manufacturing Engineering Team within Specialty Printing Systems (SPS), which has manufacturing and new product introduction responsibilities with a focus on cost, quality, and assurance of supply.
As a member of the SPS Manufacturing Engineering team, the employee will have responsibilities covering product assurance of supply and supplier sourcing, selection, and management. The employee will represent the operations organization as part of broader new product introduction programs, and support manufacturing specific projects. The employee will leverage their engineering knowledge, interpersonal skills, manufacturing acumen, procurement expertise, and project management skills to deliver against their objectives. In this role, the employee will be working closely with internal colleagues in Engineering, Marketing, R&D, Finance, Operations and Procurement.
• Responsible for all stages of electronic component procurement, including sourcing, assessment, selection, and on-going management.
• Support on-going management of existing products to ensure assurance of supply, meet quality requirements and support cost roadmaps.
• Build or expand relationships with internal and outsourced partners on electronic product design, manufacturing solution development, and component or product qualification and release.
• Participate in reviews and evaluations of designs for compliance with design and manufacturing guidelines and standards; provide tangible feedback to improve product quality, increase manufacturability, increase ease of assembly, and reduce cost.
• Provides electronic design and manufacturing domain-specific expertise, overall product manufacturing and sourcing support, and fundamental business perspective to cross-organization projects, programs, and activities.
• Participates in innovation and integration of new processes and policies into projects and activities
• Supports problem solving of technical or process issues both prior to and after product launches
• Builds relationships with procurement partners, printer partners and factory teams
• Implements and supports approaches for effectively and efficiently managing suppliers and products
• Design or specify portions of engineering solutions, including methods, operation sequences, and processes for the manufacturing of parts, component sub- assemblies, test tools, and final assemblies, based on established engineering principles and in accordance with provided specifications and requirements.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or related field
• Additional degree in engineering, Supply Chain, Procurement or Business a plus
• 5-10 years of electronic product development, sourcing, or supplier management experience.
• PMP Certification a plus
Knowledge & Skills
• Experience in sourcing, selecting and managing manufacturing partners, suppliers, and components
• Proven project leadership skills
• Knowledge of electronic components and design
• DFM and DFA understanding
• Good analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong written and verbal communication, presentation, and persuasion skills
About Advantage Resourcing
Advantage Resourcing is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Advantage Resourcing is an E-Verify employer. This policy is applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
All employees are directed to familiarize themselves with this policy and to act in accordance with it. All decisions with respect to employment matters and other phases of employer-temporary employee relationships will be in keeping with this policy and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Let’s find your next job – together. Whether you’re looking for temporary work or a direct-hire job, Advantage Resourcing will connect you to an opportunity that closely matches your interests and skills. Advantage Resourcing is a proud member of Staffmark Group, an award-winning family of staffing brands with a national network of 450+ offices. We connect over 250,000 people to jobs each year, and we’re ready to put this expertise to work for you! Learn more at www.advantageresourcing.com.