Position: Buyer/ Purchasing Specialist – Nationwide Restaurant Operation
Work Location: Irvine, CA
Telecommute: Currently telecommuting due to the local COVID-19 restrictions but will have frequent office visit
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Department: Purchasing (4)
Reports To: Purchasing Director
Percentage of Travel: 75% (Nationwide)
A global restaurant operation company headquartered in Irvine, CA is looking for a Buyer. The Buyer will be involved in all aspects of the company’s business, from development of new menu products, to finding costs savings, to corporate strategy and sourcing the best possible vendors with the most reasonable price for the value sought.
Items you will be responsible for: all (food and beverages, supplies and equipment)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT NOT ARE LIMITED TO:
• The Buyer must exercise discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance, such as:
✓ Employee has authority to compare and evaluate possible courses of conduct and acting or making a decision after various possibilities have been considered.
✓ Employee, in conjunction with Purchasing Director has the authority to make an independent choice, free from immediate direction or supervision, such as:
✓ Employee has authority to formulate, affect, interpret, or implement management policies or operating practices;
✓ Employee carries out major assignments in conducting the operations of the business;
✓ Employee performs work that affects business operations to a substantial degree;
✓ Employee has authority to commit the employer in matters that have significant financial impact;
✓ Employee has authority to waive or deviate from established policies and procedures with executive management’s approval.
• Estimate value of goods according to knowledge of market price
• Analyze market and delivery systems in order to assess present and future material availability
• Determine methods of procurement, such as direct purchase or bid
• Review bid proposals and negotiate purchasing contracts and agreements with existing and potential vendors to obtain best cost, delivery and payment terms within budgetary limitations and scope of authority
• Responsible for New Vendor Registrations including W-9 form
• Interact/interface with international co-ops, importers/exporters and customs personnel
• Create and maintain all vendor records including procurement records, such as items or services purchased, costs, delivery, product quality or performance, and inventories
• Adheres to Company’s confidentiality and conflict of interest policies and agreements.
• 4+ years of experience as a buyer in food (preferably restaurant) industry.
• Bachelor’s Degree in business administration or related field.
• A solid understanding of math, as well as excellent analytical skills.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment.
• Ability to reason, compare, understand, and make quality work-related decisions based on sound conclusions/ data.
About Advantage Resourcing
Advantage Resourcing is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Advantage Resourcing is an E-Verify employer. This policy is applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
All employees are directed to familiarize themselves with this policy and to act in accordance with it. All decisions with respect to employment matters and other phases of employer-temporary employee relationships will be in keeping with this policy and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Let’s find your next job – together. Whether you’re looking for temporary work or a direct-hire job, Advantage Resourcing will connect you to an opportunity that closely matches your interests and skills. Advantage Resourcing is a proud member of Staffmark Group, an award-winning family of staffing brands with a national network of 450+ offices. We connect over 250,000 people to jobs each year, and we’re ready to put this expertise to work for you! Learn more at www.advantageresourcing.com.