Advantage Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is an independent, family owned compounding pharmacy seeking a dynamic Compounding Pharmacy Technician with a positive attitude and commitment in compounding. The Compounding Pharmacy Technician works under the direct supervision of a Pharmacist preparing prescriptions.
- One year work experience as a pharmacy technician preferred
- Current California Pharmacy Technician license required
- National Certification preferred
- Basic knowledge of pharmacy practice.
- Strong math skills
- High school diploma
- Accurate data entry skills
- Strong customer service skills: professional and courteous attitude with customers
- Willingness to be a team player and promote a positive team environment
- Compounding experience preferred but willing to train the right candidate
- Ability to work in fast pace environment and the ability to multi-task
- Effectively use pharmacy computer system to pull formula logs as well as print labels and worksheets.
- Under the supervision of the pharmacist, use specialized compounding equipment to accurately weigh and prepare the chemicals included in a formula and then combine those chemicals into the proper dosage and form as the prescription requires.
- Prepares various compounds including, but not limited to, creams, ointments, suppositories, capsules, suspensions, and solutions.
- Verifies all appropriate steps in each compound with the on-duty pharmacist.
- Use proper compounding and labeling techniques emphasizing pharmaceutical excellence and quality standards.
- Follow all safety procedures and guidelines for preparation of compounds.
- Takes phone requests and processes refill prescriptions for continued treatment.
- Maintain inventory levels for chemicals, materials and supplies.
- Properly clean work areas, both counter tops and floors, and equipment upon completion of daily compounding; filling and unloading the dishwasher.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Apply in person, M-F 9:30am – 4:00pm at 4351 Pacific Street, Rocklin, CA 95677 or fax resume to 916-630-4969, or email to job posting.