Louisville, KY based registered investment advisory firm is looking for an operations manager. This position focuses on day-to-day operations, account management, securities transactions, and preparing for client appointments with financial advisors. The office manager does interact with clients regarding the status of their investments. Working with other businesses and third-party companies happens regularly. The successful candidate will present a professional demeanor, be analytical and detail oriented, be able to interpret financial data and reports, and possess the interpersonal skills necessary to maintain a good relationship with our clients.
- Organize, manage, track, and execute multiple account-related detailed tasks and assignments, and be able to reorganize priorities as they change
- Execute electronic trades and transactions under direction of the advisor with 100% accuracy
- Manage administrative and clerical needs of the office (processing securities transactions, researching and resolving issues, filing, scanning, file maintenance, etc.)
- Process quarterly billing of accounts
- Prepare, process, track, and maintain client paperwork
- Handle stressful situations with grace and provide a high level of customer service in a calm and professional manner.
- Process client requests and report to advisors on that status as needed
- Adhere to compliance regulations and maintain strict confidentiality
- Identify and communicate issues to peers and management team
- Operate a multi-line phone system; answering and screening calls, taking messages, and making calls
- Handle office management as needed (Open and close office daily, keep office supplies stocked, manage cleaning and maintenance of office)
- Other duties as assigned
- Strict attention to detail and acuracy in every transaction
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel
- Be able to learn quickly to navigate office systems and proprietary software
- Understand basic investment concepts, practices, and procedures used in the securities industry.
- Be able to work under pressure while maintaining positive attitude and professionalism when dealing with clients and other professionals
- Enjoys working with technology
- Able to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Outstanding time management and organizational skills
- This is a full-time, career track position. Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits include a retirement plan and paid time off. An FBI background check is required.