The AT Specialist is responsible for providing direct assistive technology services to people who are blind or visually impaired. To fulfill the purpose of the position the incumbent will provide technical assistance and consultation for other professionals, technology users, and their families. These activities occur through site visits, telephone and electronic communication.
Advancing Opportunities employees are expected to: Maintain a good working relationship with individuals served, contract agencies, third party players, other social service provider personnel, families, Advancing Opportunities staff and other Advancing Opportunities stakeholders. In addition, Advancing Opportunities staff members are expected to exercise good judgment and problem-solving skills, function as liaisons to other Advancing Opportunities agency programs, and represent Advancing Opportunities in a professional manner.
Required Skills and Abilities:
1. Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
2. Ability to manage a caseload of consumers efficiently.
3. Excellent judgment, problem solving, organizational, and time management skills;
4. Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with individuals with disabilities, families, co-workers, staff, supervisors, funding sources, and other social service agency personnel;
5. The ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
6. Knowledge of Microsoft Office and/or other relevant computer software as these relate to job responsibilities;
7. The ability to work with teams, facilitate meetings, help groups of people to develop goals, and work together towards achieving them;
8. Ability to travel in their designated work region, and to the central office in Ewing.
Responsibilities / Essential Duties:
1. Assess people who are blind or visually impaired for assistive technology;
2. Support implementation of recommendations through installation and training in use of assistive technology;
3. Conduct all work with strict adherence to safety regulations;
4. Complete work in a timely fashion;
5. Maintain and submit, as required, client-related files, reports, records, and data collection materials in a timely fashion to meet department requirements;