Advancing Eco Agriculture
Full-Time Customer Care Operations Specialist
Who We Are: Advancing Eco Agriculture is a leader in Regenerative Agriculture, a movement that is rapidly gaining momentum. Since 2006, AEA has pioneered innovative crop nutrition consulting and products, serving growers in the United States and 12 countries on over 2 million acres. Our mission is to help growers make more money with less risk by producing healthier soil and more nutritious crops with consistently higher yields. By serving as a resource for information about Regenerative Agriculture farming systems, we strive to make a positive impact not only on the land, but also on the lives of farmers and food consumers everywhere, and the world as a whole.
Learn more about AEA at www.advancingecoag.com and listen to our podcast at www.RegenerativeAgriculturePodcast.com.
We Believe in the Power of Outstanding Customer Experience: A great customer experience enables a company to thrive.
We want our customers to have a remarkably positive experience with our company, from their first impression to their full adoption of our proven Regenerative Agriculture programs and products. We believe in making a critical difference in modern agriculture by supporting one happy and successful farmer at a time.
We believe that empowering growers and creating delightfully human customer experiences at every touchpoint will lead to great personal and professional gains for our customers, our company, and our team.
We believe that, in a world of increasing automation and digitization, the best customer experiences create authentic human connection and support. We seek someone who enjoys engaging with people, learning about their challenges, and going the extra mile to help deliver value in a way that aligns with AEA values to ensure prompt and delightful service at every turn. See our values here: www.advancingecoag.com/about.
We believe that, in order to consistently deliver the best possible products and services, we must take care of our team by investing in their personal and professional development, having fun while working hard, and continually fostering a positive team environment so that we can grow our business and the businesses of our customers.
The Candidate We Seek: We are looking for a hands-on, collaborative, empathetic, and strategic Customer Care Operations Specialist. The candidate best suited for this position is someone who is a proactive self-starter, strategic thinker, diligent worker, and resourceful individual with a foundation in customer experience and content creation marketing. Background and knowledge of botanical science or agronomy are preferred to join the expanding team at AEA. It is important that the person who fills this role aligns with our approach, is mission-driven, and possesses the capacity to quickly familiarize themselves with AEA products and services.
- Work with the Customer Care Team to consistently provide outstanding customer experience when handling customers’ inquiries or complaints, driven by a strong ability to proactively and reactively address customer concerns with efficacy, empathy, and patience while lending support to marketing and sales.
- Attend to inbound and outbound communication through channels such as email, phone, and other messaging to connect with our direct customers.
- Handle requests directly or route the customer to the correct data, information, or sales team member.
- Become an effective and proficient agent with our helpdesk and both our online and phone ordering processes.
- Screen, schedule, and hand-off target customers to consultant team members for a more customized consultation experience.
- Track orders and shipments through fulfillment and instigate follow up in order to gauge customer satisfaction.
- Coordinate with other departments and team members to document and resolve issues, and seek remedies to both emergent and persistent problems.
- Discharge other duties as assigned.
- Be an authentic, empathetic, open-minded, tactful, and professional person who genuinely enjoys creating rapport with others and who finds satisfaction in the power of human connection.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively deal with escalated company needs.
- Possess a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Have 3-5 years in customer success, customer experience, customer care, customer service and/or account management.
- Demonstrate a high degree of competency with technology and a solid working knowledge of standard business software like G Suite and Office Suite.
- Possess the ability to work well in and across teams, as a collaborator and hands-on contributor.
- Be agile with systems and process thinking.
- Possess the ability to identify and bridge communication gaps.
- Customer service training or certifications.
- Working knowledge of online scheduling applications and helpdesk tools, especially Ring Central and Zendesk, or similar, strongly preferred.
- An active interest in and willingness to gain/further agronomic knowledge as it relates to regenerative agriculture.
- Experience with customer relationship management (CRM) software like Salesforce and business phone system software like Ring Central, or similar.
- Familiarity with tenets of non-violent communication.
- Be comfortable in a fast-paced environment such as startups or other high-growth companies, especially in software-as-a-service (SaaS), or e-commerce.
- You find critical thinking and problem-solving is something that excites you.
- Enjoy and thrive in working both independently and in team settings.
To Apply: Send a cover letter - no templates, please, because we want to know WHY you think this position with AEA is the perfect fit for you! This doesn’t need to be lengthy, but it does need to convey your authenticity in a meaningful way.
- Include CV/Resume and desired salary range.
- Provide three professional references and three personal references.
- Find and send a funny .gif speaking to job interviews, your personality, or agriculture. PLEASE NOTE: Submissions without a funny .gif will be discarded - this is a fun way to sort through spam submissions and get to you, the human being.
- Submit all materials via email to Eric Girdler, Chief Operations Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This position will remain open until filled, but the top priority will be given to candidates who apply on or before March 20, 2020.
Candidates who do not fulfill the above application requirements will not receive consideration.
This position is full-time, 40-hours per week, and includes health benefits. It will be based in Bloomington, Indiana.